The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything Setting Up Data Feeds and Algorithms for ?

Yahoo Finance has its uses and is accurate
but the NASDAQ daily is all in aggregate
1621685564563.png

sometimes its just easier to look at a sorted item from a mysql query in a common spreadsheet using specific data

free version see what the hedge funds are up to with the stock ...
COMS.jpg

You can do similar with traffic and its values from data captured on your server and in many ways get a deeper view depending on the values you can extract from the traffic.

I go a lot deeper than the trackers can --but a tracker can help you manage your traffic flow
If you use a Landing page or a website you need to use something like Google-Analytics to try to understand your traffic and develop your own KPI
see:KPI internet CPA at DuckDuckGo

The only reason I would use a tracker is for the post-back of data/sales results of multiple offers --but that's me --not the usual person.
If you are doing larger volumes of traffic and need to make fast decisions, based mainly on little data of real depth, a tracker is beneficial in that situation IMO.

You can do similar with traffic and its values from data captured on your server and in many ways get a deeper view depending on the values you can extract from the traffic.
how do you go about doing this? the search query was not useful with nothing really being good enough on that topic.
Do you parse your traffic through google analytics to better understand your traffic or like the MySQL database you record each click and into separate queries and then parse them through a model?
I hope you don't mind snooping mack here asking these questions.

It's an acquired skill. Takes years of work --not a tool you can buy.
use your web-server and URLs that have 'tokens' --really key/value pairs you can grep the logs for.
This requires programming skills and logic.
Bash:
tac access.log |grep -v 9x.xx.xxx.31|egrep -v  ' 444 | 403' |cat -n | less
find out who you did not (-v) ban (forbid) and look for the tokens (key/value)yours and the ad network's
grep -v means exclude (your ip shown)

cid=12345
key=value
cid {campaign_id} is the key
URL/adfc.html? parameters are the arrays of key/value pairs that follow the ? or are commonly called the query string
What to look for^^

Where?
your webserver log I think is the best as it gives the most detailed data of the request
trackers and Google-Analytical are the GUI/tool ways of sorting these but they are very limiting.

create the first table (Mother of all Tables from hell) in the new database I made `share_a_sale` last night ...
can anyone follow this and what i have done so far --or is it all advanced geek-speak to you?
Greek-speak?? Nah, actually this is even harder than chinese!
It sounds like the language of Gods :rofl
I keep getting impressed by you @Graybeard ..
I'm an absolute beginner at coding, and this post inspired me :D
Also the fact that you have an experience of 20 years and there are always alot of this to learn..
My mind is blowing :oops::eek:
View attachment 19890View attachment 19891

- Samira

banners
Back