The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Serp

temi

affiliate
When you do a search for a keyword in Google for example "webmaster serve" which is the name of one of my sites, two pages from the site was listed in Google search result (see attached image)

Some other keywords also produce the same result for example golf equipment uk return two pages from a single site.

Why does this occur? is it because Google things the two url from the same site are more relevant ? ( I am speaking about the second url from the same site )

This happens because two or more pages are deemed to be relevant for the phrase. If the second page is in the top 10 in ANY position, Google will drag it up to below the first result and indent it.

its a good way of getting more exposure for your website, but no one can guarentee it to be done. just build a good website and its sort of "luck of the draw"

No it is not too difficult to get it to happen :) Ideally you need a flat linking structure with all your pages linking to each other, using decent text navigation. You need to target the phrase on the home page, and also have a specific page for the phrase. The index page should then appear first, with the deper page below it. (sometimes it is the other way around.

yeah I noticed that too, but it doesn't happen all the time. its kind of hit and miss.

MI
Back