The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO Training

Steve Morris

affiliate
I'm wanting to get some proper SEO Training, I'm looking at an on-line self study course . The one's I'm considering are searchenginecollege.com or the alternative Ive been looking at is at Arron Walls Seobook.com does anyone have any experience with this, and if so what would be the best value for money one to go with. or alternatively can anyone suggest any other courses.:confused:

Yes, Jill's forum is good.

You know, I've hesitated saying this and maybe I'm saying it because I used to do SEO for a living and
learned it on my own. Maybe I'm so used to doing it, it comes 2nd nature now BUT... t
here really isn't that much to it.

It's really not that hard and you can learn everything you need to know online EASILY for free!

I didn't want to say that because if you really want to take a course and have the money to spend,
as long as it's someone reputable like Aaron or Jill and not some stupid ebook, it's probably worth it
and you'd probably learn something.

SEOBook isn't so out of date that it won't give you the basics.

Read it, take notes.

Then read EVERY post written on SEOMOZ.com for the last 12 months.

Once you have the basics, it just takes experimentation and keeping up with the SEO blogosphere to keep your knowledge up to date.

Apparently Seobook is no longer updating the "book" but is giving access to training materials at $100 a month.

Personally I think the SEObook blog contains enough information for free! He reveals so much valuable stuff on that blog that I cant see a course offering too much more (never know though).

Its not that I want to do "a" course. I just want to know the best places to find up to date structured information that will be easy to digest. I have been making the assumption that a training package would be able to lead me by the hand in a "A leads to B" sort of way. up until now any SEO I've done has been pretty successful but I'm not sure exactly what parts have lead to the success. Its mainly guesswork now I want to Know what leads to a good ranking

Don't we all :D

A good ranking basically means having a quality established site, regularly updated with REAL content and having a site that other authority sites link to naturally.

On the surface, SEO strategies change regularly, but there is no 'step by step' way to do things. Everything you need to know about SEO is online, it is then up to you to build the quality site.

I tend to believe that there is a basic standard. Onpage has not changed for years, suggested good linking practises have been around for years. Google has been very vocal on what they will be targeting to eliminate as far as linking power, and the things that they target are things that violate the T.O.S. of the search engines.

Link exchanges on link pages were targeted and the value of the links lowered, but linking schemes are a violation of the T.O.S. for Google, Yahoo, MSN and most other LPE's.

Buying links were targeted, people were warned and the rel=nofollow was even given to protect you with ample time to get them activated.

Most everyone who is practising seo has heard of or has visited Matt Cutts SEO blog, but most fail to realize that Matt is on the anti spam team.

Google is not playing with the algos to hurt people, they are trying to eliminate spam, thats all, and the newer algos are just to do that.

Do not violate the T.O.S. and you have nothing left but Basic Principles, and this is what whitehat seo is all about.

Hi Steve,

I got my original SEO training from an accredited online program by sushiseo.com - Funny name but was very informative and also provided a great base of information to start my career in SEO -

now I typically just stay on-top of trends and such by following the better blogs, forums, and authoritative websites by other top SEO managers.

And just for an update - SEO book is now charging 300.00 per month for access to their training videos.

Hope that helps.

SEOBook has been life saving in terms of learning SEO.. This was so informative too. I don't know how basic you want it.. but I feel like it definitely added to my skill set.

I don't know if you have heard about the 30 Day Challenge done by Ed Dale from Noble Samurai but it is free and they do an excellent job of teaching the most up to date SEO amoung other things that go with Affiliate Marketing.

MI
Back