The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO Mistakes to avoid

An excellent list for sure but depending on the site or script, you can actually use several of these (bad) things.

A good general thumb rule though!

I read that list.. It's pretty good. Im sure they could have come up with a ton more.

Here's one that's becoming more relavent: Don't put a bunch of related interlinking sites hosted on the same IP.

Robot.txt file

Very good information.But,I do not know whether to have robot.txt file in server or not.

I do not find it necessary:first:

It is a very imformative list, though I found something that I found simply not true.
Wrong anchors : Bad anchor text for links (use relevant words rather than click here).
I belive that the click here and other non keyword rich anchors helps to keep the link building looks natural, and build the domain authority.

Thanks every one for nice feedback.

About wrong anchors: I feel it is always better to use relevant keyword that describes a link rather than generic word.

Here are two examples:

Top ten sites about London click here
vs
Top ten sites about London

Comparing both (underlined used as anchor), I feel latter has better chances of appearing in serp for "top ten sites london"

yes, that's true since varying anchor text helps as natural link building... :D

If you focus more on one keyword alone it means you are building artificially that's why you must choose or targeted different keywords...:dance2:

It is a very imformative list, though I found something that I found simply not true.

I belive that the click here and other non keyword rich anchors helps to keep the link building looks natural, and build the domain authority.

I agree that using click here has it's place but Google doesn't like it, the quote below is from their SEO Starter Guide PDF

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Good practices for anchor text[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Choose descriptive text [/FONT][/FONT]- The anchor text you use for a link should provide at least a basic

idea of what the page linked to is about.

Avoid:
• writing generic anchor text like "page", "article", or "click here"
• using text that is off-topic or has no relation to the content of the page linked to
• using the page's URL as the anchor text in most cases (although there are
certainly legitimate uses of this, such as promoting or referencing a new
website's address)

Google's Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide, Version 1.1, published 13 November 2008

Bagi, an interesting comment (as always! :thumbup:). I guess what we really need is 90% relevant keywords in anchor text, but not all the same keywords, and about 10% irrelevant ones to make it look like a natural linking pattern!

MI
Back