The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Self-employed webmasters, what if your mom says go get a "real" job?

My first "real" job at 16 was at a grocery story. I didn't have the internet and the ways it provides for people to make on-line income at my disposal back in the day. When I first started reading about affiliate marketing and other ways of making money online my first thought was "wow that sounds easy" mixed with "can this really make money?".

I understand why the people that didn't grow up with the internet doesn't look at this as a real job but from my experience so far I have come to learn that it does take a lot of hard work to be successful. I work a normal 50+ hour a week job and still do on-line on the side to make some extra cash.

My advise is to get mom to sit down with you one day and walk her through some of what you do to build, promote, and make a site successful. Also, you may want to show her some of who pays out to you for your work. Mom's aren't stupid, it just sounds like she doesn't "get it".

As soon as you give your mum to understand how much better it is not to have a "real job" then there is no problem... Am I one of the lucky ones that I was never pushed to follow the rules of "normal" life!:rolleyes:

Yep my family think I sell drugs!

It's hard to deal with the pessimism but I earn more than them all put together so I just have to walk away.

You can tell her how much money you've made online. I bet she'll be proud of that.

Of course this is true if you are indeed making money online. Besides, online jobs are very comfortable and cost effective. You can show your dear mom how much you've saved on gas and car maintenance.
:D

I like this thread! let me tell you what is a real job :D

a full-time job with set hours, with a salary, health insurance and a boss!!

But why, I mean, why should I have a boss!!?! I don't want a boss :cool:

I prefer my affiliate marketing job because it is something stimulating, challenging and rewarding at the same time. Can we say the same for a.... a... I don't know... for a "real job" :)

MI
Back