The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Screen Resolution - Have you checked your stats?

Paul_KY

affiliate
1024x768 started gaining on 800x600 late last year. Yesterday was my first day where they both were equal, percentage wise (On one site). Whew! Thank GAWD my sites are centered.

Screen Resolutions

800 x 600 2,725 46%
1024 x 768 2,685 46%
1280 x 1024 128 2%
1152 x 864 105 2%
640 x 480 36 1%

I'd really like my sites to, "Auto adjust" but for now, "Centered" is just fine.

Anyone here have a site, edited for 800x600, which doesn't center or auto adjust? Do you know there will be this big blank space to the right, when a visitor with a higher resolution visits your site? Oh man, that used to drive me bonkers :eek:

:)

The "web safe" resolution for a website is 760x576 pixels, on this resolution the site can be viewed properly on any resolution starting from 800x600 -> anything.
I develop most of my sites under this resolution so all the users can see the site right and without any scrolling

On my site stats it says something like this

1024x768 61.48%
1280x1024 20.08%
1152x864 7.40%
800x600 61 5.86%
1600x1200 4.03%
Unknown 12 1.15%

Cheers!

What software do you guys use to track resolution? Seems like both my stat software do not have it....hmm.

Anyway, I code my site for 740 and centered. Nice thing about 740 is that you can print it on 8.5"x11" paper with 0.5" border and not having to play with magnification. It also accomodates 728 banner or 468 + 234 banners side-to-side.

Pinyo,
I'm sure you won't use this because you have to put a big ugly bottom on your website but my Free Web Stats site gives you screen resolution of your visitors as part of the stats.
Temi

Screen resolution is a misnomer - if running Windows, all your screen resolutions are 96dpi... :p :wink:

****x*** is screen/window size :D

lol Eagle, in that case.. why on every monitor.. in the specifications it says
"Maximum screen resolution: *****x*****" , or on websites.. even 2advanced.com the text "recommended resolution 1024x768" exists ???

www.cqcounter.com - small button, great stats

It's commonly (but mistakenly) referred to as resolution, sure

------
res·o·lu·tion ( P )
n.
The fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image, as on a video display terminal.

------

No big deal...just thought I'd point it out! :)

really....???

"pixel resolutions" 1024x768 & co. are just another way of expressing DPI resolutions (Dots per Inch if i remember correctly). In a screen resolution, under microsoft windows or linux, or anything the measurement unit is the PIXEL (the mighty pixel) so i find it more than normal and correct to express monitor / screen characteristics in pixels rather than in Dots per Inch.

For print work, it't another thing.. there DPI is the common way of expressing quality and resolution.

Re: :)

novocaine said:
really....???

...i find it more than normal and correct to express monitor / screen characteristics in pixels rather than in Dots per Inch.
I never said otherwise. :) Using pixels when talking about monitors is quite correct.

Screen resolution (as I pointed out in the dictionary quote) is 'the fineness of detail that can be distinguished in an image'. Someone saying that they have a window that is "1024x768 pixel resolution" is quite wrong; that's pixel dimensions

Look, it's just expressions that have fallen into common use... no big deal.

Peace :)

banners
Back