The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Science, Statistics and Psychology of Advertising

Delyte

affiliate
I'm pretty new to this stuff, but I'm big into math & science being a programmer, so I'd really love to read some famous (or even non-famous but reputable enough to have applicable information) studies on advertising.

Studies that explore stuff like:
  • Effects of word length
  • Effects of colors
  • Effects of specific words
  • Effects of size of words
  • Effects of size ratios of words to background
  • Effects of shapes / patterns
  • Effects of repeated advertising
That's just a sample of the things I could think of off the top of my head, I could probably list another 100. The thing is that people with decent budgets do split testing all the time and could probably, after years of saving case studies, write extensive articles about these things since affiliate marketing is basically the scientific process repeated over, and over, and over, in an attempt to get the best result. Nevertheless, I'd love to see some official research on it and was curious if anyone had any favorite studies, or just resources I can use to read them.

Also, anyone who is more experienced, do you save the results of every single split test? That could be some very valuable information to look back on, and that's what I plan on doing when I get started. Does everyone do that? Most? Or not many? If most do (I'd imagine it's smart to) they can probably comment with data to back it up, but I'd understand if you want to keep your years of experience to yourself ;)

The above three fields I must say are very rich and not very many people have invested in them. People are so congested in the fashion, health fields. However, when you package yours very well, I am so sure that it will sell. You however need to do some intense homework on the same just to get te facts around these fields. At times, we may fail to get ROI on the niche just because we did not research and therefore failed to capture the key things that are needed.

MI
Back