The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Safelists

beric

affiliate
Hi Guys/Gals,

A word from you on this. SAFELISTS.

There is of course the 'good', 'bad', and 'ugly' written on this topic.
Mostly it is negative; that your message is not likely to be read.

What is your view/experience?

Beric ::confused:

Safelists are so 1999 IMHO.

1) They don't get read except for marketers scanning to find their own ad to be sure it was placed.

2) With all the email filtering these days I doubt those hype-filled emails get through many filters.

Thanks for your view, Linda. And you are not joking with the amount of filtering of email today.

BTW, i'm with "IMHO" but what on earth is 1999?

beric

beric, things change a lot online and sometimes rather quickly. A lot of things that were being done a few years ago, including some that might have worked are no longer effective and aren't being used by many experienced people.

There was a time when keyword stuffing was helpful in the primitive days of search engines. That is no longer the case.

There was a time when safelist were being used a bit and 1999 was a year in which they were. That is a way of saying it is something that is now out of date and something that was used long ago in internet time. 1998 could have just as easily been said. Just another way of saying something from the past in the online world that isn't the best way for the present times.

"And you are not joking with the amount of filtering of email today."

I don't even publish my own newsletter by email any more. I do a very brief overview that contains
no "bad email words" and link people to the online version so I can use all the "bad email words" like:
Free, offer, good deal, bonus, coupon, contest, money, $, click here, etc. without getting filtered.

My 2 cents on safelists= Booooo

The only reason anyone will open your message is to get credits or whatever. It's all just a bunch of yucky in your face pitching. There are so many better ways to market.

Sheree

Hi M'mama,

(You got some name there) Thanks for confirming my true opinion which is what I came to by just listening/reading about safelists.

beric :)

Thanks for 'Safelist' response.

Hey, thanks y'all for the response to my query on 'safelists',

And you too Larwee for that '1999' thing. I'm still pretty with all this new fancy email/internet language.

beric ;)

Thanks, I like it. I'm a marketer and a mama to a 12 year old boy, so there you have it.

It's a good idea you had to ask about safelists before jumping in head first and wasting a lot of time. I didn't have the foresight to do that back in the day. I just joined every thing I could find and never really got much of anything accomplished.

Keep digging for information just like you are and formulate a solid system. I had to go through a lot of trial and error to create my systems, I wish I'd have found this forum in particular about 3 years ago.

There are so many great people here willing to give their insight, expertise, and knowledge to you with no strings attached. It's a very powerful thing. The collective intelligence.

You know, I have a lot of respect for people like you who aren't afraid to say "I don't know" and ask questions. You'll go far in things business as long as you remain open-minded and willing to learn new things and adapt to changes. Nothing changes more often and more dramatically than the Internet. Armed with wisdom, there' no limit to what you can accomplish here.

Sheree

Thanks again M'mama.

Your comments are pretty useful.
As regards admitting one does not know or may not be sure; well, I agree with this slogan I saw somewhere:

"Ask a question, and be a fool for 5 minutes. Don't ask, and be a fool for life."

And as you have said, and I myself in an introductory post, the 'net is everchanging, so in fact we are always learning.

beric :eek:

banners
Back