The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Running campaigns on sites with low traffic volume

lorenzo

What's your take on running adult dating campaigns (web) on ad placements with 20-30k impressions a day. I find many profitable campaigns but after a week or so the CR starts to drop (although the banners' CTR are the same) and I'm breaking even then losing money. Also, I tried many times to restart the old campaigns I run two, three months ago and I have the same CTR for my old converting banners but less conversions to be profitable anymore.

How do I make these campaigns to last longer? After the first week or more, when I see is dying I pause it and restart after some time and in the meantime I try another angle with the same offer? Do I make another banners (even if CTR seems to not be an issue), same LPs and keep going? Do I try completely different banners and LPs? Do I test another offer (even if the current one was doing very good)? Do I lower my bid?

Do you have a system of steps to follow when you see the CR is dropping?

Many thanks.

The problem is.. 20-30k is not enough per day.

That's why you see a profitable campaign then it dies, cause truth be told it didn't get enough traffic sent to your campaigns
to get a REAL reading on them.

You have a choice to either focus on low traffic sources and run a ton of these, or focus on 1-2 high traffic volume sources..

Neither is right or wrong, just your personal preference.

Also don't look at it from a daily profit/loss... Let it run for a WEEK and see if it is profit/loss at the end of that week.

Sometimes campaigns naturally dip from day to day, but if overall after a week its still profitable then you know you can keep it running.

I know you guys always said you must be the top bidder for many reasons, but for the high traffic volume sources, do you think is a wise move to start testing campaigns bidding let's say at 70% of the top bidder? I mean, for sure there are many bidders, top one is $1 CPM, can I bid $0.70 to not lose my shirt until I gather some data? Do you have campaigns where you are not the top bidder and doing good?

Thanks!

It's not wise to ALWAYS be the top bidder. Testing new campaigns it makes sense because you get your data and traffic in faster. I would say 50-70% of the people out there have negative ROI campaigns because of their combination of bids + ads + landers. You gotta start lowering your bids while maintaining the winning ads/lander combos.

You gotta balance rev and cost. If your rev is set and you fight for top bid, eventually your cost will exceed rev and you will lose. Unless you ask for a pay bump or your a super aff like these ^ guys^ and your just trying to kick another bidder off placement.

MI
Back