The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

RSS feeds...

scottkeith75

Hi everyone,

I have googled, researched, and read as much as I could recently on RSS Feeds. I understand what it is, and that I want it to enhance my SEO (I am super new to affiliate marketing incidently). I have built my 3 sites, and uploaded an RSS widget, but when I dragged the widget to my page, a window opened asking me to enter a RSS Feed URL, an option to give a feed a title, how many items I would like to display, and 3 boxes that I have an option to check: Display item content?; Display item author if available?; and Display item date?.

I have gathered as much information as I could, but I am kind of lost at this point. If anyone can clarify this for me I would be much appreciative.

Thank you,

Keith

You have things backwards.

First, RSS feeds are a way of making updated content like blog posts available to feed aggregators. They don't provide any direct SEO benefits but they may help boost traffic to your site for those who subscribe to your feeds.

However, the RSS widget you're describing is a tool for collecting RSS feeds, not generating them. In other words, if you have an RSS feed from a blog, the wdiget allows you to post an excerpt or the entire blog post on another site. That's why it's requesting that information.

You have things backwards.

First, RSS feeds are a way of making updated content like blog posts available to feed aggregators. They don't provide any direct SEO benefits but they may help boost traffic to your site for those who subscribe to your feeds.

However, the RSS widget you're describing is a tool for collecting RSS feeds, not generating them. In other words, if you have an RSS feed from a blog, the wdiget allows you to post an excerpt or the entire blog post on another site. That's why it's requesting that information.

Hi Minstrel, and thanks for responding. Looks like I do have it backwards. Sooo...if I input a URL address in that text box I would be then subscribing to someone else's blog feed? Why would I do that, and how could that generate traffic for me if it was not reciprocated?

Just when I thought I was getting a handle on things....arghhhh!

Thanks Minstrel,

Keith

That's the point. It won't help you unless the feed comes from another site you own.

MI
Back