The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

RSS feed

alec11

affiliate
I'm moving to the next step to learn SEO thinks.

What do you think about RSS feed?
Is RSS Feed will do something important for SEO?
How can it be done.
Thanks

RSS feeds are great, but if you are interested in gaining SEO knowledge, these are two different things.

It's one way of making your readers/visitors wanting to come back and check out what are the newly added news/articles of their interest.

Try to visit rss-specifications.com for everything you need to know about rss :)

I agree with john it was the way to keep the reader or visitor updated with the blogs
changes or added contents. Specially if you posted it on a forum or if someone bookmarked your blog for info.

RSS is a great communication method that does not burden the publisher with maintaining lists or following strict privacy guidelines. RSS feeds are compiled according to the user's choices, removing any burden that is placed on publishers of email newsletters.
Benefits of RSS :

1.) Provide fresh and relevant content on their website, which encourages users to return.

2.) Constantly changing content means that search engine spiders will visit more frequently.

3.) Automate content delivery.

By using RSS, your visitors can be updated anytime theres a change/new content in your blog. With it, you can sustain a good number of visitors going to your blog...

RSS is good because it puts your content in front of thousands of other potential readers.

It can be done by using feed services such as FeedBurner or FeedBlitz

KP

Absolutely right, RSS feeds is the most effective marketing strategy via which you can expose your content, products or services infront of your existing or new readers which will increase you business.

from my own (not so vast though) experience:

RSS feeds are useful only for promotion among real people. That is promote the feed and have subscribers who will react to your news fast, - basically what it is for.

RSS promotion does not have much SEO value - I submitted a feed to a hundred rss directories or so (someone was really advising this) quite a while ago. Since then searching for phrases from some RSS posts brought no results - that is in terms of SEO strictly it's useless. However, I got some subscribers, and naturally good content will help me obtain more natural backlinks. But it's not a bombastic SEO techique as some might claim...

i think using RSS feeds is a big help to your promotions submissions.... because, it automatically shows the updates that you've made to your site or blog :D

How successful any RSS feed you produce will be depends on the sites that it appears on. If your RSS feeds appear on highly ranked pages your SERPs could be drammatically improved.

However, this is unlikely because most RSS feeds are placed on sites that are struggling to find unique content and are usually low ranked.

Exactly, RSS feeds are only placed on those sites who struggle for finding fresh contents. And most of these type of sites always has minimum PR which will not benefit your website. And i don't think submitting to RSS directories can improve your ranking or traffic. Most of the directories don't accept.

It serves as an excellent pipeline for Internet users to get updated news content and online articles the stuff you want without having to search for it.

To benefit from RSS, you really need to be regularly producing useful content that real humans are actually going to want to read, and feel that they will benefit from adding the feed to their reader so they can keep up to date with new stuff.

There seems to be a lot of sites though that either don't have enough content, or the content is very poor (exists just for search engines).

I think you are right, Matt. Content updating is really very important in order to bind the customers and to keep them visiting your site. If you are not updating your site with contents or offers then you may lose your valuable customers.

MI
Back