The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Romania – No. 1 in Europe for phishing attempts

kappa84

affiliate
Symantec has published the Internet Security Threat Report XIII revealing the most important threats from July 31 2007 – December 31 2007.

In phishing section, the US holds a 66% being the clear leader of the top, followed by China with 14 % and Romania with 5%, the latest one being the European leader for phishing.

Other interesting facts are that Peru has the highest rate of malicious activity per broadband user and the US has the largest number of bot-compromised systems with 14% of total affected computers.
Bad news indeed, the security on the Internet is weaker and weaker as years go bye…

You can find the whole report on Symantec’s webpage.

Kappa, what is the population of Romania?
The US is about 275 million
China is 1.3 billion so my guess us China will soon overtake anything and everything the any other country does.

Of course, I am aware of the cyber-criminality in Romania, I in person have some ex-collegues from highschool that dropped school and now are doing "dirty deeds"... :(

I saw a presentation on the whole Phishing thing at a conference a while back. The problem isn't security it's education. Users have to be educated so they can spot the scams and tricks. The funny thing is these guys penetrated the phishing community and what they discovered is that phishers are barely even script kiddies in terms of technical know how. They spend more time ripping each other off than they do ordinary people..

Thats really sad to know. I held a poll a few months back and asked normal internet users what they preferred best: security & safety, or speed. 90% of them said speed. If security is not important to the majority of internet users, then we really do live in a sad world and those with infected computers cannot complain as they did not properly protect themselves despite the known risks.

MI
Back