The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Results of direct email requests?

carmonkey

affiliate
Can anyone share their results trying to build traffic and get backlinks by emailing website owners directly (not a chain email) with a request to either exchange link traffic, or post articles you've created on their website?

This can take a lot of time, and I was curious how effective it is versus simply posting articles on article websites and PPC.

I have mixed results myself thus far.

I get requests like that on my sites and I can tell you that I delete most of them:

1. The article content is poorly written and/or on a topic that's not relevant to my site.

2. The site requesting a link exchange has little or nothing to do with my site, despite the claim in the email that the sender hs "visited my site and I think your site is a match to mine" or words to that effect.

Interesting. Would you react differently if it looked like due-diligence had been performed and the content was relevant and articles well written?

I would at least read the email and consider it in that case, although to be blunt a lot of health related affiliate sites are selling products that don't work, make unsupported claims, and in some cases can have adverse effects on health. Those I would never add.

banners
Back