The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Researching profitablility of AM

headrascal

affiliate
Hello, Everyone,
I am new to this forum and have been doing a lot of research on Affiliate Marketing. I have run a home child day care in my home for 29 years but I have a need to break into a career less physically demanding, especially since I am recovering from Breast Cancer treatments. I love working at home so that is not going to be an adjustment for me. I have been overwhelmed with the info. about how to set up a website for AM and need some suggestions for an inexpensive way to do that. I'm pretty computer savvy but it's so much info. to absorb. What is a reasonable estimate of income and how many hours each day/week will I have to invest? This really looks promising to me but I feel I need a lot of help from people who know this business like you. Thank you so much for your help.

headrascal

Hi headrascal,

Welcome to 5 Star. Love the name, especially since you did day care. :p
Hope your recovery is going OK. Hugs!

How to start and how much $ and how much time. Those are all such hard questions. There is really no standard because there are WAY too many variables. You could get lucky and make money quickly or you could work 80 hours a week doing it all wrong, picking bad markets, bad merchants and not make a dime.

I think that on average most affiliates only make around 100-500. The ones that just throw up some banners and do nothing else make 0.

I have carpal so can't type much more in this post. Need to go get some work done. I would read through some of the other threads about getting started here. Lots of others have asked similar questions plus hopefully some of our affiliates will weigh in with their 2 cents.

More later...

Researching profitability of AM

Thanks so much for your reply. I have been sifting through your forums and gathering valuable info. I am determined to be successful at this. I already know my niche market and I am researching many while I set up my website. I am giving serious consideration to starting out with CBMall to start generating a little income while I am building the business. Does any out there have experience with CBMall?

headrascal

Welcome!

Considering you seem to be completely new to web sites in general, I think you ought to be planning to spend about two years reading everything possible, building sites and learning through trial and error before you can expect to make any serious money. Start by trying to make $100 a month. Then $200, then $500, etc?

A lot of the people making good money are not doing it with one site. Volume is the key here. But you need to start with one good, solid site with strong backlinks and good traffic if you plan to build a network. Concentrate on that one first site, spend all your time filling it with great unique content and building links, and you?ll be well on your way.

headrascal said:
Hello, Everyone,
I am new to this forum and have been doing a lot of research on Affiliate Marketing. I have run a home child day care in my home for 29 years but I have a need to break into a career less physically demanding, especially since I am recovering from Breast Cancer treatments. I love working at home so that is not going to be an adjustment for me. I have been overwhelmed with the info. about how to set up a website for AM and need some suggestions for an inexpensive way to do that. I'm pretty computer savvy but it's so much info. to absorb. What is a reasonable estimate of income and how many hours each day/week will I have to invest? This really looks promising to me but I feel I need a lot of help from people who know this business like you. Thank you so much for your help.

headrascal

banners
Back