The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Registration on Directorys ?

RiverWire

affiliate
Ok so ive been doing my usual rounds today with the directory submissions etc, just thought id ask because this really gets to me.

How many of you have opted to have the submitter register before they can submit their site ?

Reason i ask is because it must lose so many transactions, in hate these directories and as soon as i get to them i click off straight away.

What does everyone think of them ?

Many people submitting their websites to directories oftentimes fail to read the guidelines let alone go and register.

In many cases i'd also walk away.

yeah i must admit i hardly ever read the rules, if it gets rejected for any reason it wouldnt bother me unless it was a directory that i really wanted to be in.

I think this depends on the directory, if its a HUGE directory, people will not mind registering before submitting but if its some obscured little directory, I will just move on to the next directory because I think having to register first is not worth the effort.

Registration puts me off. I prefer a directory where registration is not required.

Temi, when you say Huge Directory, do you mean huge as in full of urls or huge as in well known and popular.

I mean huge as in say Yahoo directory, business.com etc, I will take the time to register for those but say one of my directories like wura.co.uk , I will not bother registering

OFF TOPIC...

Temi, are you ever planning to "dress" your eSyndicat directories or just stick with these standard templates than other 10K people are using?

I think it suck to register at a directory to submit your link, you'll lose a lot of sales.
I own a directory, I have 100+ paid links, I guess I'd have less if I added the registration option.

banners
Back