The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Registrar DNS vs Managed Provider for high traffic volume (pop trafic)?

ppcnewbie

Hi.

I have a question for those affiliates that run a ton of traffic and did everything they could to make sure their landers load as fast as possible (especially on pop traffic).

Do you use the DNS from your registrar or use a dedicated service like DNSMadeEasy or Route 53?

This is not about hosting landers, let's say they are hosted on VPS or S3. I want to know if there's the possibility of having outages if I stick to the Registrar DNS (in this case NameCheap, for example)?

With popup traffic it's easy to get thousands of views per day and I want to know if I should worry about the DNS or not.

Thanks

How many domains can you have there? 50 records you can use 50 domains? Or there's a limit per domain?

What I don't like is that for the free plan they don't offer support and also "100% Uptime SLA" not included.

How many domains can you have there? 50 records you can use 50 domains? Or there's a limit per domain?
I don't think there any limits per domain. Max is 50 records to have them manage for you. Activating records beyond 50 its $1/record.

What I don't like is that for the free plan they don't offer support and also "100% Uptime SLA" not included.
Free plan is good enough while starting out. Later on you can shift to paid plans.

banners
Back