The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Reddit as a traffic source

Tanksy

affiliate
I have found Reddit to be a pretty good source of traffic. What you can do is to sometimes post links to your content on subreddits dedicated to your website's subject. Don't do it too often and don't only post links to your own websites because you will annoy the other users and get banned. The idea is to provide that community with quality content. What are your experiences with Reddit?

While reddit certainly can be a great source of traffic whether you'll get traffic from the site or not depends entirely on how promote your site there. The links you submit will be upvoted or downvoted by reddit users. If you consistently point redditors to content which they like then you'll get more upvotes and links you'll post will sit higher up on the page [and get more traffic].

Post content reddit users don't like, you'll probably get no traffic from reddit.

I'd have to agree that you need to consistently provide content that the users like. And the thing is, some users downgrade your post even if it does provide information. It is not a way to get constant traffic but it can sure help especially if you do give users what they like.

I found reddit traffic very sharp and observing, you won't get any click or thumbs up unless your story is highly qualified in terms of relevancy and viewer's choice.

It depends largely on the sub reddits and the mods there. If you link is very niche, you can find a very specialized sub reddit that will welcome your submission with open arms, the large sub reddits, on the other hand, usually have rules regarding posting self promotion links.

Your link has to be very interesting and unique to gather enough up votes for it to gain some traction, so, as always, both content and presentation are kings.

Years ago, I was on Reddit. I left Reddit because the time I spend on the site was more than the amount of traffic I received. I closed my account. Years later, when I found someone had plagiarized my work, joined the site in order to file a complaint. My account is still there.

Yes, Reddit is the traffic generating source, but make sure that you have posted the worth full content. If you have posted valuable and user benefited information, people may check your back links. So better to keep quality back links when you are posting stuff in Reddit.

Reddit is the good sources of getting traffic on website. If we use this method properly then we can get plenty of genuine traffic on our website.

I think its still the best source of traffic, few weeks ago I came across a method where in a user create a subreddit and rank it on google with in 30 minutes, I tried to do that but in order to execute it you need a high karma reddit accounts.

Regards
IndeXer

MI
Back