The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Recruiting Affiliates

cappex_alan

affiliate
Are there any services that will actively recruit affiliates without wanting to take over the entire affiliate marketing program?

I know OPM's do this, but I just want to outsource this one part.

HI Alan,

I'm curious about this service too. When we discussed it on the phone I told you that I don't know anyone any more that does pure recruiting. I do recruiting, promotion, PR and advertising - OPMs do recruiting as part of management.

What Alan needs is direct recruiting probably by email invitations, because his market is very targeted. As I told Alan I used to know a couple companies that did that, but the only feedback I ever got from merchants that tried the services was pretty negative. And I don't think they do it any more.

Does anyone know of any service that may be a fit?

It's a tricky service to offer.

I mean I have recruited some REALLY big affiliates to apply for programs, but then the really big affiliate who I know is capable of making massive commissions hasn't botehred to promote the program. (And I imagine this is an example of a reason why those companies got negative feedback)

That's where management comes into it.

Actually most of the complaints I heard were just for complete non-performance. The merchants didn't feel they got any affiliates at all or at least not enough to be worth the fee.

I think that would be a great idea. Pay for Performance....$X per affiliate. I am sure there are a lot merchants and networks that would go for that. It would be a great add on business for OPMs

It would be a pretty expensive service though. If you were only going to pay per affiliate, each affiliate signup would probably cost you hundreds (considering the time and effort involved in getting them), with no guarantee they would perform after that.

Ditto what Rob has already said. Pay per performance would be a great incentive, however, instead of $X for X number of affiliates, possibly $x for $x amount of revenue generated by the affiliates or something similar would work. Possibly a combination of both -- $x per affiliate (small number) + X% of first $X earned by those affiliates (better incentive). Of course, I'm just speculating out loud.

~ Teli

Are you looking for someone who will just work on the recruiting? My idea is that you can never separate the recruiting company from your affiliate marketing stuff since an email invitation won't be as effective unless it's from someone who knows the entire Affiliate Program well.

I agree an email is NEVER enough to create a lasting relationship with your affiliates. I was thinking that someone could recruit thru emails, phone calls and establish the affiliate as part of the affiliate team. Once the affiliate is on board and producing then the recruiter goes on to get more affiliates.

"My idea is that you can never separate the recruiting company from your affiliate marketing stuff since an email invitation won't be as effective unless it's from someone who knows the entire Affiliate Program well."

Actually not sure that's true. I think Alan could craft the email based on him knowledge of the program and just contract someone else to do the legwork to find affiliate sites, personalize the emails, send, track and report back to Alan.

That's how many of the OPMs do it. The lead affiliate manager crafts and manages the email recruiting process but a lower paid person actually does all the leg work. I managed a program once and had a dedicated email person that did all my mailings. I just created the marketing content and got the reports to be sure how many and who they were mailing.

Well then if we're into emailing for recruitment purposes, then let's make sure that the task is done by a professional person or company.

MI
Back