The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Reciprocal link

A reciprocal link is a mutual link between two objects, commonly between two websites to ensure mutual traffic. Example: Alice and Bob have websites. If Bob's website links to Alice's website, and Alice's website links to Bob's website, the websites are reciprocally linked. Website owners often submit their sites to reciprocal link exchange directories, in order to achieve higher rankings in the search engines. Reciprocal linking between websites is an important part of the search engine optimization process because Google uses link popularity algorithms (defined as the number of links that led to a particular page and the anchor text of the link) to rank websites for relevancy.

reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reciprocal_link#Reciprocal_link

Two websites are mutually exchanging their information and links with each other which is commonly known as Reciprocal Linking...

Google devaluated the reciprocal links. So now a days reciprocal links have no value.

how can you say that it has no value now?

i think it's good source of traffic and backlinks for your site if you

link exchange in a high PR and high traffic relevant site...:D

I wouldn't say they have no value at all. Just a significantly lower value than one way links. Anchor text in reciprocal links can still be a useful tool for an optimiser.

Nevertheless I don't use link exchanges and would only have a reciprocal link if the linking site content was highly relevant to my own.

That's a very good point. Any outgoing link has the potential to lose you page views and even result in bounces if it sits on a popular landing page.

The value of any outgoing link should be balanced against the risk of losing the visitor comletely.

Seems to me that placing a link to a competitors website would be the pinnacle of stupidity. Why anyone would want to do that I don't know.

I agree with yoohee..

Link exchange still has a value.. you can get traffic to your website with link exchange on related sites
how can you say that it has no value now?

i think it's good source of traffic and backlinks for your site if you

link exchange in a high PR and high traffic relevant site...:D

banners
Back