The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Reasonable price for a featured listing

gkd_uk

Hi

What do you think a reasonable price for a permanent featured listing is within a directory?

Example: For a PR4 Directory with lots of traffic and number on on google for some good keyword

Thanks

I have a free directory which is doing very well and very busy. I charge £29.99 for a permanent featured listing. I have had some visitors purchase a featured listing but I am thinking whether I am charging the correct price, should I lower or increase?

Thanks

I personally think £29 is okay, I think you got the pricing just right, no need to lower it. I think vic charges £39 for permanent regular link in his directory, I charge £30 for one year in Haabaa and £90 for permanent listing, giving the fact that you are constantly promoting this directory, I think the price is okay, don't lower it.

I also believe sensible priced directory tends to keep poor quality sites away. I charge £10 at www.fx1.co.uk , i get a lot of silly submission, I will be changing the price to £29 next week when I have the time.

Thanks Temi

I charge £29.99 for a permanent featured and no charge for free or reciprocal. I guess you charge £29 for a regular listing?

Is the price of £29.99 ok for a featured?

I think £29 you charge is okay, GKD, yes, I charge £29 for regular listing. But making your regular listing free is not a good idea, in the days when you directory was young and unpopulate it was fine but now I think you should be charging for regular listing as well.

If I have a choice between free listing and £29 featured listing, I will go for the free listing. If I have a choice between £25 regular listing and £29 featured listing, I will go for the featured listing.

Pricing of you regular listing and featured listing should be close (in my openion).

First of all guys in my subjective opinion you should not sell "permanent" featured listings.

There is only so many "featured" listings should be displayed on the page to be fair to the rest of submitters (especially if they all paid).

By selling "permanent" you are cutting the stream for potential future income.

I would suggest to keep the price you are charging but make it per year...

Thanks Temi

For now, I am thinking of leaving it free as the site receives lots of visitors. Once I change to paid, no one will hardly visit.

First of all guys in my subjective opinion you should not sell "permanent" featured listings.

There is only so many "featured" listings should be displayed on the page to be fair to the rest of submitters.

By selling "permanent" you are cutting the stream for potential future income.

I would suggest to keep the price you are charging but make it per year...

I think you have a good point there and I might just do this. I will need to keep a list of all featured listings so I can remove them each year.

I think you have a good point there and I might just do this. I will need to keep a list of all featured listings so I can remove them each year.

depends on the script you are using there may be a feature (eSyndicat has it) to set up an expiration for the listing so you don't have to manually track all of them...

in a few of my directories, there are no featured listing, all listings are creatd equally :)

...and how do you place them on the page? on which basis? PR, alphabetical, hits? I'm just asking because to be honest I wouldn't fancy to pay £30 like everyone else and to be on 8th page just because my site starts with letter "z" or it's only PR0... From the equality you mentioned that would become a big inequality :)

I have decided to keep it free but have also added a regular listing (fast approval) for £4.99.

I am thinking of increasing the featured to £49.99 but permanent

What do you think?

I think it's a fair price, which directory are we talking about, by any chance you can reveal the URL? :)

- Meti

I like the look of your web directory, very straight forward with simple navigation, well done. I think that would be a reasonable price for your web directory, considering it's a permanent listing.

- Meti

MI
Back