The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Quick Question about Split test

cldmarket

Hi guys, a super newbie question, when i create a campaign and i want to split test (for example two different versions) should i create different unique campaigns or should i test one group of elements and then edit them and see if it performs better with the new changes?
Or is there a way to run two or three different versions of the campaign for the same budget?
Thanks in advance.-

My question is aimed to anything i would like to split test.
I just wanted to know more about the process.
Hope it makes sense
Thanks for replying, sorry for the confusion.

Well, a campaign is the whole entity and it is composed of all the elements or variables(by what you want to refer). So if you want to split test then you have to do it on the element/variable level(sub level). For example you can split test between 2 offers/3 landing pages/10 banners/web and desktop/Android and IOS etc etc. So when you combine everything you get a campaign. I hope i am clear

Thanks InternalSoul, i get that part but my question is when the campaign go live, for example
and i want to test "Banner A" vs "Banner B", do the banners alternate or A just replaces B?
How are them both displaying live? In a random way or based by demographics?

i have to add that i have never done the process and i'm learning as much as i can
before creating my first campaign, maybe there is some special tool or panel to do
the split tests and i'm asking something very obvious, if that's the case i apologize for the question.

Every tracker gives you the ability to split test between offers, landing pages while you set up the campaign. Now when you set up the campaign on your traffic source with say 10 banners, then the traffic source will automatically rotate the banners based on the weight you put on each banner and will pass the data back to your tracker. You can then evaluate your data from your tracker.

I have personally had a chance to split the banners that I use in ads and it has always worked out for me. I will say that it all depends with your creativity in this area. One thing that should always be at the back of your mind is that you want to maximize on any given opportunity so that you can rip good revenue through conversions. You therefore need to be smart. Just try out and when it works for you do implement it fully.

Thanks Dr.

Hey, @cldmarket, i'll be glad to help you with split-testing, our tracker AdsBridge can do everything for you. For instance if you want to split-test landers you need to create several ones in Create Landing page section (we provide html or visual editor or you can add a self-hosted one), then you need to add landers in targetting settings - Screenshot “AdsBridge - Next generation tracker and landing page builder! - Mozilla Firefox 2016-05-11 10.55.21.png” and set percents to each lander as it's required.

Or you can add several offers and click on SHARE button, to split test them. I'm always here, if you have any question, will be glad to help:)

banners
Back