The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Questions re: WordPress

ArizonaJay

<b>5 Star Moderator</b>
affiliate
Thanks to this forum and other research, I understand that a good initial entry into affiliate marketing is starting a WordPress blog that is directly related to the niche that I have researched and selected. I need to get a domain name (done with GoDaddy), set up hosting (selected HostGator) and put the thing together and keep tweeking and working on it with good, solid, fresh content using WordPress. I can add AdSense if I want, and maybe some affiliate banners and affiliate links in the content (AFTER the blog starts getting some volume). So far, correct yes?
BUT - if I want to sell products from my site that are related to my niche, using affiate merchants (I don't want the inventory or shipping headaches - a smaller commission is just fine with me!), can WordPress be used for this? Or ultimately, would it be better to keep the WordPress blog going and have a separate storefront website when I am ready? If the latter, can someone suggest storefront software and some methods of 'connecting' my WP blog to my storefront.
I hope this isn't as confusing to you all as it is to me!!! Thanks.

Yes correct on the 1st part.

Re selling affiliate products on your affiliate blog, sure that's what most people do.

2 main ways to do it.

1) Affiliate links or banners in your sidebar.

2) Relevant links in your content. That's the highest converting method is just text links in your copy. So if you mention a product or do a review about it you link to it.

There is also software you can buy to essentially turn WP into a datafeed store filled with products. You can look into that option but I think it's easiest/best to start by generating some unique content 1st.

Also check out Datafeedr.com. They have a wonderful product which I recommend to my affiliates for the merchants I represent.

There are also other products out there if you search for them. I found a couple that will automatically put affiliate links in your block for specific words you type in. Pretty cool!

banners
Back