The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question re Directory PRs

TeamPlayer

affiliate
Might seem a bit of a silly question, but...

If I have a linkback from a site which is, say, a PR4, but the links page itself is at PR0, then Google only recognize the link as coming from a PR0 - logical enough.

So, if a Directory advertises itself as being, say, a PR4 directory, then unless the actual page that a link is placed on it under whatever category has a PR of 4 then the PR of the Home Page is academic isn`t it? In other words the only real figure with any value is the PR of the page your link goes on in the directory?

TeampPlayer, not a silly question at all.. this potentially misleading way of advertising directories and sites is quite common, if you do not read between the link you will have the impression that your link will be placed on a PR4 link but they are only talking about the homepage of the directory, conveniently leaving out the fact that you site will actually be placed on a PR0 page.
I used to fall for this... I get an email saying link exchange with RP6 site, I place their link on a PR6 page and they place my link on a PR0 site, needless to say I just remove the link I placed to them.

So, if a Directory advertises itself as being, say, a PR4 directory, then unless the actual page that a link is placed on it under whatever category has a PR of 4 then the PR of the Home Page is academic isn`t it? In other words the only real figure with any value is the PR of the page your link goes on in the directory?

The answer to both questions is YES.

Like Temi said, this is a common marketing trick, I advertise it myself for my directories too. Not to mislead clients, but to show the strength of my directory. I think if you market that way, then you are in the clear :)

- MENJ

True, but there are exceptions

I currently have home page pr0 (hopefully pr3 soon), so if you buy a featured link it will show on the home page and give you a pr3 backlink

banners
Back