The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question - how to motivate existing affiliates?

Natalie.M

Hi,
I have about 100 registered affiliates in my affiliate program (we are up and running with the affiliate program for only 2 months) and only 10 of them have downloaded banners/ links. What is the best way to motivate the others to also take an action? I thought about doing a newsletter to all of my affiliates and by this way keep in touch with them and update them about the new events in our company. What do you think? And what would be a good topic for a newsletter like this?

Please share your opinions.

Thanks.

I know this is old but...

Most people who sign up for an affiliate program never follow through so don't worry about them. I've signed up for tons of them and I use maybe 3 or 4 here and there.

As an affiliate all I really care about is whether or not the site is honest and whether or not it converts. I won't promote garbage.

I'm kind of jaded I guess because there really isn't much a sponsor could do to motivate me to sell more except *maybe* if they had a cool contest that anyone could realistically win.

Back in the old days sponsors would send out cool stuff like gift baskets, t-shirts, and gift cards etc. just to say "Thanks for being an affiliate" and I really liked that, I thought it was nice of them and it meant a lot to me.

I have been motivating our affiliates by simple promotions. First sale they get a bonus. If they send like 5 sales on the day of their first sale, we give them a bigger bonus and so on.

Coupons are really big it seems lately. Offer a really good coupon and promote it thru a newsletter to your affiliates. I'm not a huge fan of coupons. As soon as you have a box or link on your order form saying "promo code" or "coupon code", people go search the net for codes.

What rich said, Send out gifts! Even if they haven't made a sale. They may be more willing to promote you then.

Were about to roll out a promotional deal. Sell so much and get a gift card. In our case sell 20 inspections and get a $300 gift card at newegg. That seems to work well.

Getting the affiliates to make sales for you can take some work but work at it and you will get it.

MI
Back