The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Question for established marketers?

jbthedon

affiliate
When starting out on web what do you more experienced marketers think is the best way to spend your marketing budget. I am trying to decide between ppc, or maybe advertising in ezines.

Well it depends on the type of product. If you are going more for the webmaster, biz opp, make money online type products ezines may do OK. But it just seems like they are full of noise and too many opps so not sure how many actually read except to check to see if their own ad got published. Maybe I'm jaded. I mainly use PPC to advertise 5 Star and also use some very targeted banner and text link ads.

Anyone else???

Linda Buquet said:
Well it depends on the type of product. If you are going more for the webmaster, biz opp, make money online type products ezines may do OK. But it just seems like they are full of noise and too many opps so not sure how many actually read except to check to see if their own ad got published. Maybe I'm jaded. I mainly use PPC to advertise 5 Star and also use some very targeted banner and text link ads.

Anyone else???

Where do you place text link ads?

Hi jbthedon

That is the beauty of affiliate marketing. Everyone will have a different opinion. I think the best way is to split your marketing budget in half and go both ways. This way you will be able to see which is better for your website. However, if the result tends towards one side, dont discard the other option, as maybe a year from now the other option will be better suited to your website.

Another option is always to put your product out to other affiliates. That way they can do some of the testing for you.

I would do the following:

1) Figure out the keywords for SEO for your site
2) Create differing versions of your main page that have the same SEO features discussed in 1)
3) Buy tons of cheap interstitial traffic and study the page navigation patterns and conversion clicks closely.
4) Switch from version to version and optimize the best version.

Repeat 3 and 4 over and over until you are ready to have a solid conversion rate. At that point, look into promoting your site via affiliates.

banners
Back