The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about EPC and Offer Search

bryns

affiliate
Hi,
so I was looking at offers at Maxbounty and was mainly focusing on the verticals/traffic type and EPC. So I know what EPC means and I am kind of suprised how low they are. I understand that it could be very different for every marketer how high/low the EPC is but when I go for PPC an EPC with 1 $ doesn't sound that great. At Maxbounty there are only a hand full of offers with an EPC higher than 1 $.

So do I don't get it right or are just most offers bad? What is a good EPC to look for?

Thanks

Why did the click cross the road and how many of them were there?
In this 'offers' stuff volume matters.

SEO, PPC and ad traffic will all have their own EPC value -- you are looking at an aggregated (as opposed to segmented) average ;)

One single affiliate promoting the offers on a low quality format like pops can significantly drop the network wide EPC. EPC is meaningless when selecting an offer. I mean, it means something, but it's not very important.

Dude, i am on MaxBounty and i choose an offer with EPC of $0.09 and when i ran it i got an EPC of $0.42. EPC means nothing when you ave to choose an offer. it always depends on what sort of traffic you are bringing to the offer and what method you are running!

What you need to remember is to select offer for your traffic and that's it. Don't mind EPC, however I am mistaken, EPC may means something, that the offer actually converts in some way. So something like that if you are interested. Something like metric to check out and not more.

I agree that network EPC is sometimes meaningless.

I qualify the statement only with regard to the product(s) offered; customer affinity and the offer's 'terms of acceptance' of transactions ... Assuming those attributes being acceptable -- what will matter are your individual tactics.

Last edited:
I think you should weigh in epc when choosing an offer, but don't let that be a full weigh in. Yes, sometimes a low epc can convert for someone people and you could be the lucky one. Never hurts to do a small a/b test with it. But you have to remember if it's staying low and the offer isn't running on pops then the majority of people aren't having that great of luck converting that offer.

Do not count offers profitability from its epc measurements. Epc can be vary each time, so that's just an average data shown on networks to show you that it converts depending upon the volume, quality, and type of traffic mainly.
Am I right guys??

banners
Back