The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Pushing My First Affiliate Offer..

@GriD - Any update on your push journey? I see more people here are taking this route...
Found any useful bot fighting tools?
I suppose low budget Geos will help you in testing them but if you don't intend to really market there you will be building a useless bot blacklist... (at least useless to you...)

As stated during this follow along this was a point I still had to deliver on...

I waited for quite some time before posting my reviews as I expected EZmob to deliver on a few things they told me (out of their own initiative)...
I think I waited long enough, they have managed to burn through my patience...
(don't say something without following up on your own words)

So overall the only one that let me down in this story also got a bad review...

Reviews posted for:
Traffic Network: EZmob
Traffic Network: Propeller Ads
Affiliate Network: Zeydoo
Tracker: BeMob

I have an extensive list of datacenter ip ranges that has take a lot of my time to build, it's proprietary and not for sale --so don't ask. 2 million ips or so (at last count).
  1. When a click/hit comes in it is checked against this list and the server logs tell the story
  2. If the IP passes the gauntlet it is forwarded to the ad link script .
  3. So the server log says IP -- timestamp --status 200 (OK Pass) 403 444 (forbidden).
  4. If 200 pass the click is directed in to the first page (script) this is done in the server's conf.d (configuration file)
  5. Then a cookies is set, a log is made of that ip's location and ad network, a Unique ID made at that point, campaign, etc. Then a javascript is used to 302 redirect to the first real location (LP usually --or direct link at times.
This filters out, and I can count, the good/bad hits from these logs. This will get most of the bots and the VPNs but not all --maybe 80%? Hard to tell --Google headless (Selenium) will slip through with a fake User-Agent name.

Bottom line: if an ad 'zone id' is less than 65% pass it gets blacklisted --first cut. If you don't cut the crap before it gets to your offer then you are optimizing bots IMHO and that's pretty meaningless.

Good you posted reviews
You said you would, and you followed through
That builds trust
Really is helpful for people to read honest experiences
Think those networks you positively reviewed will highly appreciate it
For the network you negatively reviewed they can learn and improve
As can we all

For the network you negatively reviewed they can learn and improve
As can we all
Exactly @Honeybadger
I'm working with them on a new campaign right now... (and have excellent responsiveness now)
I did not want to rush into a new follow along but if I find this will add value here It is likely I will create a separate case study.
(And probably an update to my review or write a new one...)

Last edited:
Exactly @Honeybadger
I'm working with them on a new campaign right now... (and have excellent responsiveness now)
I did not want to rush into a new follow along but if I find this will add value here It is likely I will create a separate case study.
(And probably an update to my review or write a new one...)
The main thing is stability. But this is for the first time)

Not sure if I need to learn scripting.. I guess I will be better off trowing this at a programmer.

# of zone ID in
IP filter 1 Log count
Javascript redirect filter 2 Log count

Zone id 12345
log count 1 =100
log count 2 = 75
=25% bots Zone id 12345
I do this with server traffic logs

how's that cpi campaign looking @GriD ? Hopefully seeing some results?
Yup Aiden... We have quite some conversions but since the offer payout is low it's not reaching profitability...
Going to give another offer a try... If I manage an equivalent conversion ratio this might become my first profitable campaign...
But I don't want to talk too soon... wait and see the results of this one...
And after that one wrap all the results in one or two case studies...
I feel like this would be a minimum I could do for the used traffic source as they are really helpful!
I asked my AM about localization so I have the required info to build my creatives...
Not rushing into anything though...

Created a simple lander for this offer - offer image and short description.
Hi man, can you tell where you created the lander? Do you have your own server with the domain associated to it or you bought a hosting just for this offer? This part is still blurry to me. Of course, I'm a newbie to all of this CPA affliations.

Hi man, can you tell where you created the lander? Do you have your own server with the domain associated to it or you bought a hosting just for this offer? This part is still blurry to me. Of course, I'm a newbie to all of this CPA affliations.
There are many options and many variables... I guess it all depends on your technical skills... I'm running the landers on a VPS server... Shared hosting can work... But if you send lots of paid traffic it will probably get slowed down resulting in lower conversion rates so that was no option for me... A VPS server is not that expensive if you can manage it yourself...

There are many options and many variables... I guess it all depends on your technical skills... I'm running the landers on a VPS server... Shared hosting can work... But if you send lots of paid traffic it will probably get slowed down resulting in lower conversion rates so that was no option for me... A VPS server is not that expensive if you can manage it yourself...
Thanks man. I see some people suggest Vultr. First time I heard of it, I suppose it's something like the Amazon AWS. I'm not very into the tech server side stuff.

Customer acquisition cost(lead/referral*)/CR (conversion rate)
Payout value
ex:
$0.4/.02
$20.00
$0.05/.02
$2.50
This equals breakeven
-----
No point in trading dollars
If you have enough conversions you could track their GEO or other attributes --if you had that data and tracked by it ...

Last edited:
banners
Back