The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Publishing Content Question(s)?

WayOutWisdoms

affiliate
Welcome to my nightmare,

After having just now recovered... w/8 hours of sleep from a 72hr straight run at building my website/blog, I have a series of questions I was hoping to process. Truly, I hope this will bridge my confusion with my increasing knowledge of computing/publishing.

(Thus, I'm not sure if I am asking a question: or confirming what I "believe" is the answer.... LOL)

I am currently trying to upload a lot of content (my writing)- from thousands of writings strewn throughout notebooks, journals, and scrap books that I feel hold a great relevance for teaching success.

But I want to do it properly... having the "foresight" to index the content, and these efforts into a massive library of sort; beneficial to both my readers, and myself, today and especially in the future.

My problem is I am an aspiring writer who dreamt of seeking publishing one day in the traditional way; by submitting a manuscript to a publisher, etc....

Now, in all I've learned about the web and affiliate marketing in a short time, the realization is:

I need to be the writer, publisher, and the librarian of sort, and assemble it in a proffessional, yet proficient manner for future reference, and the long-term residual rewards the internet offers.

For starters, let's say I wrote an article entitled;"Marketing Strategy" for example, of which I have 5 Subtitles/chapters to this article.

Example:

Title: Marketing Stradegy

Sub-titles:

-Getting Started
-Time Management (like sleeping! lol)
-Goal Setting
-Balance
-Success(like not being a work-a-holic!)

Mind you, this is just for effect, and is the "article concept" I am trying to build, lay-out, post, link, share, and organize.

Let's say I am using a blog (for now) as my URL, and I have a RSS feed burned to that URL/Blog

Now...I want to create my "links" to my main title and it's subtitles, which is my first question...

Which should I use to "index" my article(s), the URL to my blog? or the RSS Feed URL?

***I'm under the impression the RSS feed works off of the sites URL (like my blog), so I am leaning towards indexing the blog as my URL, but fear when I learn more about "feed burning" - it might be easier to just index the feedburned URL, rather than transfer the feed later should I get my own domains/sites going, or betterstill abandon the blog.

Once I establish which would be the best way to "index" my content, and organize it....... should I then link the entire article as so...

Example:

For the Main Title:

<a href="http://exampleMyBlog_or_RSSfeed .com"Title=Keywords/tags Marketing Strategy">Link example:Marketing Strategy</a>

Whereas my article title is a "link" simply reading: Marketing Strategy (or at least I hope it will be!

Now, I actually tend to use my Word program to create the link(s), so ignore the HTML (although I'm hopeful I am starting to get it right)

My confusion is creating the sub-titles... as "individual links" as well for quick reference(s) later, kinda like individual chapters of a book.

I want to believe; the whole post/article should indexed and be "linked" like so:

Main Title:Marketing Strategy

<a href="To My URL/RSS.com"Title="tags/keywords here">Marketing Strategy</a>

Subtitle(s):

<a href="To My URL/RSS.com"Subtitle="tags/keywords here">Getting Started</a>

Obviously, this process repeating through my aforementioned Main Title and the (5) subtitles that follow.

Would this in fact enable my URL/RSS to begin my "library" for my future subscribers, as well as myself to quick index, reference, and obtain proper recorded "tracking" to this content?

In closing, I barely understand how the Feedburner RSS Bliget works, but I want to create a smooth user interface on my site(s) for both readers, and myself.

I added the Google search to my blog last night, and this feature ultimately triggered my concern for "how" I post my current, and future articles.

I apologize for the sheer length of this post, but I really feel this is the "key" to my success in any marketing/publishing platform. Clearly it is my desire to assemble a massive amount of content/writings, and as my site continues to grow, I simply want it "indexed" and done right.

Naturally, I am also concerned my current "affiliate network" will respect such efforts for a lasting relationship. My underlying fear now is they've already come to my blog, and probably had to wonder; Does this "Publisher" even have a clue?:rolleyes:

I certainly don't want to lose my Advertisers/Merchants interest(s) in our newly formed relationship. I definitely am not interested in a blog that looks like a click-bank. (which I gotta wonder if mine currently does?)

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Within the "daily grind" or goals I've set, time often does not permit me to scan the entire forum for similar posts, or I'd spend all day reading (as I often do) rather than writing and optimizing my site(s).

The good thing is for the trickle of traffic I have had (considering the lack of content) the majority of visitors last week did spent more than a 1/2 hour on my site, which leads me to believe there's hope I'll be building subscribers soon. So far, there's a trickle of return visitor's, and I am aiming to keep that as my main focus over time. Now that I've added the subscriber blidget, I feel obligated to keep a user friendly experience.

Since I just added the RSS feed and Google Search Bar last night, I really want my content to be ready when my subscribers start following my posts.

PLUS, I am "seeing" the internet differently.... and even my reference to the Google Search Bar should be linked if I write in an article, whereby it'll help others acquire these items, and tools. These are the things I never even noticed until last night, and how important growing the "little things" will be to my Content,SEO, and my site's future success.

Please, any feedback would be awesome!

I tried to post my blog address for feedback (not as a plug) but apparently I'm not allowed to do so yet. (Which in truth might be a good thing,:D)

I'll wait for that this time around, as it's still rough!

Thanks for reading, and any help you can afford me is appreciated.

Art M.

Art when you are ready you can post a request for a site review. You can post a link to your blog there, but not here in the discussion forums.

I don't know a way to do what you are trying to do with Index and subtitles with a blog. Plus I think you are confused about how feeds work.

Plus this whole part has me confused:

"Let's say I am using a blog (for now) as my URL, and I have a RSS feed burned to that URL/Blog

Now...I want to create my "links" to my main title and it's subtitles, which is my first question...

Which should I use to "index" my article(s), the URL to my blog? or the RSS Feed URL?

***I'm under the impression the RSS feed works off of the sites URL (like my blog), so I am leaning towards indexing the blog as my URL, but fear when I learn more about "feed burning" - it might be easier to just index the feedburned URL, rather than transfer the feed later should I get my own domains/sites going, or betterstill abandon the blog.

There is so much here that needs to be explained or commented on because this post is so long. So sorry but I need to take a break and get dinner. Maybe later I and/or others can try to take this piece by piece to try to explain. But in a nutshell you need to read some very basic articles about what is a blog because the RSS feed is automatically created by a blog, you don't burn it. Plus an RSS feed is not part of a web site unless the site is a blog.

Sorry to leave you in a lurch but need to go make dinner, be back later.

Linda to further elaborate on the above, I wasn't really expecting the title links to "actually work" as I wrote the code by memory and repitition. Therefore much of the questions pertaining to "linking" titles, I accidentally answered already seeing how the published post here showed the links worked, not the code(s).

In regard to my confusion with the RSS Button (or Blidget) on my blog for subscribers to read my "feeds" was because I was under the impression the feed serves as an "archive" of sort, storehousing all my content, or in the least access to that content.Thus, it was my impression creating a feedburned RSS/URL that the content grows as I post more.

When I added the Google Search Bar to my blog, I was under the impression this tool was somehow in conjunction (or working within) my blogs RSS/URL, hence accessing my "archive" or complete history on that Blogs content and the burned feed.

It was my understanding, as my content grows, it would be efficient and practical to have all my titles linked when I post them. Being one really has little to do with the other, I just thought if I link all my Titles & Subtitles within the RSS Feed (which I burned thru Feedburner) it would be accessible to my readers as my library grows, and transferrable later should I decide to utilize that content on a future personal website/domain/or a different blog.

Ultimately, I was hoping to clarify that by "linking" my Titles & Subtitles, and embedding the RSS URL (or my FeedBurned URL) into these "linked" titles, that doing so would enable me to "quick reference" either the entire article or only the Subtitle or Chapter if you will.

Anotherwords, if someone uses the "Google Search Bar" on my blog... I had hoped that by encoding my linked titles and subtitles with keywords... would then trigger a respose to that particular search within those parameters.

FOR EXAMPLE:

If I write Lessons per se. And they are titled and numbered. I would like for someone on my blog to punch in: Lesson #1

Whereby, now having encoded my title "links" with "keywords" I am hoping the results will pull the article entitled "Lesson #1" and my users, and myself will have a simplified user friendly experience.

You see right now it doesn't matter, the blogs an infant, and doesn't have alot to say. But as it grows, then does it's content, and rather than rely solely on a cheesy blog archive...I was trying to go more advanced.

I hope that helps explain the first post better.

As I am an affiliate with aweber, I noticed this: they offer prescripted content, and e-zine pages....But, I am hoping to create my own, and build a platform to teach others about affiliate marketing, and perhaps eventually having an effective blog/website once I able to increase my computing skills and organize my efforts more.

I hope you had a great dinner, and I'll drop back later to see if this helped narrow down what I am hoping to confirm is doable?

Thanks,

Art

Still think you are confused and what you are writing is confusing me even more. :p Maybe I'm just easily confused tonight. ;)

"It was my understanding, as my content grows, it would be efficient and practical to have all my titles linked when I post them. Being one really has little to do with the other, I just thought if I link all my Titles & Subtitles within the RSS Feed (which I burned thru Feedburner) it would be accessible to my readers as my library grows, and transferrable later should I decide to utilize that content on a future personal website/domain/or a different blog.

Ultimately, I was hoping to clarify that by "linking" my Titles & Subtitles, and embedding the RSS URL (or my FeedBurned URL) into these "linked" titles, that doing so would enable me to "quick reference" either the entire article or only the Subtitle or Chapter if you will."

That does not make sense to me but I think you are close to understanding maybe just describing what you want to do.

In very simple terms.

1) You write a series of blog posts. Each blog has a title. No subtitle and no way to really index the way you want. You can organize by categories and each category could be all the articles for that chapter.

See my blog for example. 5 Star Affiliate Blogs
If you click a category it shows all the posts in that category in order of date published not alphanumerically.

2) The feed is automatically created by your blog. You can burn a feed at feedburner but it's the same thing. It automatically makes a copy of each post - either the full post or just a short snippet (depending how you set up your blog). If you set it up as a full feed then all it does is give people a way to read your blog on their feedreader or something like Google reader. So the feed isn't really a separate blog it's just a different way to read the same content. But they read your content OFF of your site, somewhere else.

My blog feed is in the sidebar if you want to see what it looks like.

3) So your Q's about indexing the blog or the RSS feed don't make sense. If you want someone to read your blog you link to your blog. If you want to give them access to your feed you link to the feed. So this part for example about indexing has me totally lost:

so I am leaning towards indexing the blog as my URL, but fear when I learn more about "feed burning" - it might be easier to just index the feedburned URL, rather than transfer the feed later should I get my own domains/sites going, or betterstill abandon the blog.

I can't really explain any more as it would be like writing a book to try to explain and there is already plenty of good info written better than I could. You really need to learn a little more before you go any further as I'm afraid you could go down the wrong path and waste time.

Here is one basic article I Googled "what is a blog"
What is a Blog?

Here's technical info about what an RSS feed is. I was trying to find a more simple explanation because you don't need to see all the techy details.
What is RSS: A tutorial introduction to feeds and aggregators

Hope this helps and best of luck!

banners
Back