The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Prosper202 tracking - PPC token issue - Confused

Sass

affiliate
Hello All,

I am trying to figure out the prosper202 ppc token since I am having issue with tracker to traffic source lead conversion communication issue.

I am pretty sure that my setup is the culprit since I didnt use the custom variable before. After finding the custom variable option, now i have made the setup as follows,

The variable that is required by the traffic source is cid. So i have set up a custom variable called cid in the traffic source section.

my link now looks like,
..../tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=xxx&cid={cid}&t202kw={crd}

my question is, is this enough or so I have to do some changes in the affiliate network postback url also?

And regarding the traffic source pixel, I have set it as,
..../?key=xxx&cid={cid}&pay=[[payout]]

Here cid is the custom variable that I had setup and for payout i have used the default prosper token.

Thanks.

Last edited:
yes i think that makes sence

Thank you tyoussef..

I was worried about which would be the right placeholder [[cid]] or {cid} in the ..../?key=xxx&cid={cid}&pay=[[payout]]..
since it kinda makes sense, I will go with the {cid} itself and see how it goes.. :)

Regards..

I think I need some advice from prosper202 expertise on this. I tried to add the postback for the traffic source as mentioned above but it does send the conversion data to the traffic source. Since there is no active official prosper forum anymore think this would be the best place to ask.

My Idea of implementing the traffic source postback is that:

The campaign link: ..../tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=xxx&cid={cid}&t202kw={crd} will send the cid to the prosper and it will be stored in the prosper database (which is happening, I can see the cid passed to the tracker in the reports).

The tracker will redirect the user to: xyz.offer.com/?s1=xxx&s2=[[subid]]

Once the conversion is made the affiliate network will postback to the tracker by sending the subid.

And then the tracker will postback to the traffic source: ..../?key=xxx&cid=[[cid]]&pay=[[payout]] (This is the part I am having trouble with, this is not happening.)

Is the url format wrong? or am I missing a crucial step in this setup?

The whole token things goes like this.

Prosper202 Campaign = Url to the offer, which is the token passing FROM PROSPER202 TO YOUR CPA NETWORK
The final get url = Your TRAFFIC SOURCE NETWORK TOKEN to PROSPER202 ITSELF

And finally the post back is = A SUBID BEING POST BACK TO YOUR PROSPER202

:)

Edit: I should have bold it, but CAPS are good. ;)

Thank you game333 for your reply.

I checked with my tracker once again based on what you mentioned. And the three steps you mentioned works smoothly.

But there seems to be issues with the conversion tracking for the traffic source - postback from prosper202 to traffic source. It is confusing mainly due to the custom variables that we can add in the traffic source since I am not sure how to add those custom variables values in the postback..

XXEixRL
02SjP97

02SjP97.png

XXEixRL.png

Regards,
Sass

You should contact your aff manager, and is subid not cid, I'm not familiar with your network, so you still need to ask your manager what token works.

Hey, @Sass, did you manage to set up everything right?

Unfotunately, I can't help you with tracking prosper202, as I'm not familiar with its system.

There is more advanced tracking solutions on the market, like AdsBridge, Voluum, TrackingDesk, FunnelFlux...

Let me show you the simple scheme of AdsBridge postback setup, but first I would like to mention that we have the most popular affiliate networks templates pre-set on our platform, so you postback will be generated automatically.

1eng1.jpg

Some words about AdsBridge s2s postback and it's parameters.

This is a template of the postback - http://xxxxx.ab4all.com/trackpixel/track?tid=YOUR_NETWORK_TOKEN&amt=REPLACE&txid=REPLACE&cdata=YOUR _CUSTOM_DATA&status=REPLACE

xxxxx -
your unique subdomain in our system
tid – is used for passing the AdsBridge click ID from affiliate network back to tracker. It is the only required parameter in the postback without which conversions won’t be passed.
After the “=” sign in this parameter, you need to insert affiliate network macro instead of YOUR_NETWORK_TOKEN, which will be replaced by the value that came in a parameter entered in the Tracking Sub ID field when setting an offer.
amt – passes the dynamic value of a payout by conversion.
txid – is set only for CPS offers. It allows tracking of several conversions from one click ID.
cdata – passes any parameter straight to the source traffic without saving on our side.
status - passes the status of conversion, if your affiliate network provides such kind of option. To set the postback correctly, you need to substitude placeholders like YOUR_NETWORK_TOKEN, REPLACE with the relevant parameters of your affiliate network and delete the part of the postback, that won't transfer any information.

banners
Back