The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Problems with Music X Ray?

Kristy

affiliate
Do any of you guys use Music X Ray? It's similar to slice the pie and they e-mail you when you have new songs to listen to in your account.

Anyway the way it's supposed to work is you listen to a song for at least 30 seconds and then it's supposed to credit your account and the song is supposed to move down into the "completed" category. I've had the same 3 songs in the new section for probably over a month now. I've listened to them each several times but they won't credit and they won't move into the "completed" category.

I have e-mailed support several times about it but they keep saying stuff like "songs are only available on a first come, first serve basis" or they'll just explain that the songs move into the completed category when you're done with them (which is what is SUPPOSED to happen but ISN'T happening). I just can't seem to get through to these people!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone here uses the site and if you've ever had similar problems with them? Every single day I get an e-mail saying "you have new music to listen to" and it's always just those 3 songs that I've listened to a gazillion times but can't get credited for.

I never had such a problem. One day my internet connection was really bad and the same song kept appearing, but that was it.

I'm starting to wonder if I ever will get paid though, I have $7,70 for almost 3 months now, at this rhythm will take me about 8 months to cash out the $20...

That happened to me before and is still experiencing it but I found a workaround. I just log out and then login again and its credited. You could try it, theres no harm in trying.

Another problem I encountered most of the time is the player. Sometimes it doesnt load and I have to refresh it a couple of times just to show up.

That happened to me before and is still experiencing it but I found a workaround. I just log out and then login again and its credited. You could try it, theres no harm in trying.

Another problem I encountered most of the time is the player. Sometimes it doesnt load and I have to refresh it a couple of times just to show up.

Thanks, I tried that and it worked. :) It looks like I finally got credited for the songs I listened to before and I had a bunch of new songs to listen to and I had no problems listening to and rating them.

I never had such a problem. One day my internet connection was really bad and the same song kept appearing, but that was it.

I'm starting to wonder if I ever will get paid though, I have $7,70 for almost 3 months now, at this rhythm will take me about 8 months to cash out the $20...

I know what you mean. I've actually had my account for a few years and as of right now I'm at about $10 so it'll probably take forever to cash out. I do seem to be getting more music lately than I used to, so maybe things are picking up? I really hope so.

Im glad that it worked for you!

You had your account for already a year and its still near $10?
Try changing your music interest into different genres and bands even if you dont like the said kind of music.
My account is just turning a month old and I have already $3.40.

I was looking at music xray and slice the pie, l'm going to sign up to both and see how it goes with each of them. Music xrays customer service sounds rubbish, to get an answer to your question you had to come online to a forum.

Im glad that it worked for you!

You had your account for already a year and its still near $10?
Try changing your music interest into different genres and bands even if you dont like the said kind of music.
My account is just turning a month old and I have already $3.40.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of doing that but I'll give it a try. :)

I was looking at music xray and slice the pie, l'm going to sign up to both and see how it goes with each of them. Music xrays customer service sounds rubbish, to get an answer to your question you had to come online to a forum.

Well I finally got the problem worked out so Music X Ray is working for me again but yeah, I think customer service meant well but for some reason they literally had no idea what I was talking about. It reminded me of the time I worked as a telemarketer for a phone company and we were supposed to help people with their problems but the real goal was to sell, sell, sell them stuff they didn't need. They trained us on selling so much that we didn't know a thing about solving their problems. It was a disaster. But at least Music X Ray did get in touch with me fairly quick and even though they didn't seem to know what they were talking about I think they were trying, so that's something at least.

I've used Slice the Pie before (I used them for years with no problems) but then one day they just refused to pay me and I've seen a lot of other people say the same thing in the last few years. So my advice is go ahead and try it out if you want but I would try to cash out the minute you can to see if they'll pay you or not because at least then if you don't get paid you'll know and hopefully you won't end up rating tons of other songs for nothing. If you sign up with them good luck. :)

Kristy Actually I had that music blocking problem last week, couldn't manage to listen at work, but when I arrived home it was fine. Managed to listen to some songs, $9,70 so far, looking good. :)

I know what you mean. I've actually had my account for a few years and as of right now I'm at about $10 so it'll probably take forever to cash out. I do seem to be getting more music lately than I used to, so maybe things are picking up? I really hope so.

Is music xray actually worth the time and effort which you put in or should I just stick to typing reviews for slice the pie? From what I ahve heard of them the earnings are slow and they never seem to email you back if you have a complaint!

I think musicxray is really no effort, you just have to check out the site twice a day and spend a couple of minutes there. But yes, it will take you at least 6 months before you cash out $20.

I signed up about six months ago and I'm still waiting for them to "analyse the music" that I have liked on my Facebook account. Waste of time in my opinion.

Is music xray actually worth the time and effort which you put in or should I just stick to typing reviews for slice the pie? From what I ahve heard of them the earnings are slow and they never seem to email you back if you have a complaint!

Well I have yet to get a payment from them. You have to have $20 to get paid and as of right now I have about $10. I've been using them for a few years but songs are pretty sporadic. You'll go a really long time with no songs to listen to and then you'll get an e-mail saying there are some to rate. You get $0.10 for each song you listen to. Generally when you get the e-mail there is only one or two songs to rate but the last few times I had around 10 songs to rate but I don't think that is going to happen very often.

You log in and listen to each song for at least 30 seconds and you don't even have to write a review. They used to make you review it but now as soon as 30 seconds pass you get credit and if you like the song you can "fan" them (which is free) or if you don't like them just do nothing.

So the good thing about it is that it isn't really time consuming as far as actually doing stuff on the site. You usually spend a few minutes at the most on there. And you don't even need to log in to see if there are songs because you'll get an e-mail if there are. On the other hand, like I said, I've been signed up for a few years and hardly ever get songs to rate so who knows when I'll actually reach payout?

Personally I say go ahead and use both but if you really want to pick just one I'd say stick with STP. I've mentioned on here before that they scammed me out of $10 they owed me BUT if you are using them and not having any problems getting paid I'd say stick with them.

Well I have yet to get a payment from them. You have to have $20 to get paid and as of right now I have about $10. I've been using them for a few years but songs are pretty sporadic. You'll go a really long time with no songs to listen to and then you'll get an e-mail saying there are some to rate. You get $0.10 for each song you listen to. Generally when you get the e-mail there is only one or two songs to rate but the last few times I had around 10 songs to rate but I don't think that is going to happen very often.

You log in and listen to each song for at least 30 seconds and you don't even have to write a review. They used to make you review it but now as soon as 30 seconds pass you get credit and if you like the song you can "fan" them (which is free) or if you don't like them just do nothing.

So the good thing about it is that it isn't really time consuming as far as actually doing stuff on the site. You usually spend a few minutes at the most on there. And you don't even need to log in to see if there are songs because you'll get an e-mail if there are. On the other hand, like I said, I've been signed up for a few years and hardly ever get songs to rate so who knows when I'll actually reach payout?

Personally I say go ahead and use both but if you really want to pick just one I'd say stick with STP. I've mentioned on here before that they scammed me out of $10 they owed me BUT if you are using them and not having any problems getting paid I'd say stick with them.

I won't actively be seeking out opportunities from this site anymore, but I'll keep my account just in case they send some songs my way, I might come across a decent band or two. :)

deansaliba, why don't you just check the site once or twice a day? That's what I do and it's enough.

I did that in the beginning, then I would check once a week and would always get the same message, my list on Facebook isn't massive and it has a nice mix of genres, so I'm not sure why they are taking so long. I have emailed them countless times and have never received a single reply back.

MI
Back