The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Press Releases - Affiliate Marketing Tool?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
From the 5 Star Blog, copied here for discussion.

Press releases, once reserved for real corporate news, have become a marketers paradise over the past couple years and I see more and more affiliates tapping into this media channel. I scan PRweb for news every day and it's actually becoming so over-ridden with "get rich quick," business opportunity and million dollar pixel ad press releases that it's getting difficult to find the 'real' news. Still I think used properly and with some discretion PR has it's place in the affiliate marketing mix. Rosalind Gardner blogged about the topic and included some tips.

<blockquote>"Do you think that press releases are only issued by ?big? or ?real world? companies, and aren?t for smaller online or affiliate marketing sites and businesses?

If so, you?ll be surprised to learn that most successful businesses - online and off - use press releases to promote and market themselves."</blockquote>

Read the rest over at <a target="_new" href="http://www.netprofitstoday.com/blog/index.php/archives/2006/02/21/how-to-use-press-releases-to-market-your-affiliate-sites/">Rosalind Gardner?s Affiliate Marketing Blog ? How to Use Press Releases to Market Your Affiliate Sites</a>, then come talk about it with us.

Do you use them? Get results??? Got Ideas???

I've tried a couple press releases, but still haven't mastered them. No obvious results, in other words. I'll get them figured out eventually, because I do think they could be a great tool.

Hi Steph,

Yep agreed. I have not had great results either. I think they are good for general exposure not necessarily lots of traffic.

Yep and it's free so you don't have to fight for a refund :)

PR are more to get your name out. Less for Consumers, but professionals. It's probably the wrong tool if you want to sell somebody a new pair of shoes.

MI
Back