The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Prescription glasses site keyword problem

punksluck

affiliate
Hello everyone, as you may have guessed from my signature I run a prescription glasses website which has been running now for around 6 months. The first thing I did when I started the site was to follow some advice given to me on this forum about writing article content with keywords and submitting them to Ezine. 5 months and over 30 articles later I am still not getting ranked for the keywords I focused on which was 'prescription glasses' and 'buy glasses online'. I really don't understand why I'm not even showing up on at least page 4 in Google. Do you think maybe In need to double the amount of articles or start submitting to different site?

Many Thanks.

When you say not getting ranked are you tracking your progress?

If you not moving up the rankings even a little, stop what your doing as it obviously isn't working.

Hi Manuel, yes I'm tracking my rankings through various tools and the articles have not really made any real impact. My rankings are almost the same as they were 4 months ago. I don't understand this as I know other sites that are selling prescription glasses have used this method and been very successful.

Seems odd if you know of success for other places this way. As I said if it ain't working no point in flogging a dead horse. Try a different plan, prehaps squidoo and some other sites?

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll have to change my strategy. I have heard many people on different forums talk about Squidoo and how Google loves to rank it well. Have you had any personal success with using Squidoo and if so, how do you think it differs from other similar PCW's like 'Myspace'?

I'm still fairly new at this myself, I wrote a squidoo article along with several other SEO things so it's hard to say if the squidoo page helped, but overall I moved up a bit in the rankings.

MI
Back