The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PR without Single Backlink ??? How come

flaxseoguru

Hi,

I have seen some sites which are on higher pr without any of google PR i dont understand what method are they using can any one explain me is it possible or its fake or blackhat method are they using?

Thanks

First, you can't actually see PageRank. All you can see is Public or Toolbar PageRank, which is (1) a graphical approximation of actual PR; and (2) generally not current since Google only updates Public PR approximately quarterly, which means for many web pages, especially new pages, it will be out of date most of the time.

Second, PR is only one of many factors ("more than 100") used to determine ranking of pages for a particular search term. It is not unusual to see pages with lower public PR outranking pages with higher PR. And there can be many reasons for this, especially the fact that PR is a measure solely of the quantity and quality of incoming links to that page and does not take into account the other factors used in ranking that page for that search term.

Chances are that the internal linking of the site gave them some of the displayed PR.

Most directories gain PR just from their internal link structure alone. This is why real SEO's make sure that your internal linking system is setup right. Always remember, all links have some value unless they are from a frame or a nofollow tag and PR can be multiplied with internal links.

This is why the wordpress platform is so powerful, you can add loads of tags and as they index, they create links to the post. 25 tags for a post just gave you 25 internal links to that post for example (after all of the tag pages are indexed).

But, as minstrel stated, that public PR is not worthy of consideration since you can beat out PR 6 pages with PR 1 and 2 pages with proper SEO.

Also, how are you checking the existence of backlinks? If you're relying on the Google link: query, be aware that Google crippled that some time ago in an attempt to make it more difficult for "artifical link building" {aka off-page SEO :)). All they reveal now is a small and apparently random sample of backlinks. If Google is reporting 0 backlinks, it may mean that there are not many and that those that they know about are of poor quality. Or is may be that there are backlinks but they're new. Or the Toolbar PR may be out of date or "whacked" (my kids term for, errr... messed up).

MI
Back