The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Powerful tips to improve your performance

Clintoc

Bright New Star Award - June 09
I have started implementing a few tips that I have read about recently, before stepping up my efforts. They have really improved my performance on getting work done, so I figured I will share them with you.

The first comes from Amit (The Super Affiliate Mindset Blog). He mentions to choose one important task (or a couple if they are short.. NO MULTI-TASKING!!) and set a timer for 50 minutes. Work on the project for that whole time. No interruptions, no stimulants (coffee, cigarettes, etc).

At the end take a 10 minute break.

Set your timer for 50 minutes again and work some more.

Once the time is up, take a 30 minute break.

--------------------

The next is from Timothy Ferriss (The Four Hour Work Week).

Batch all similar tasks together, especially the tedious tasks. Includes Email (although in my example I had to use email to accomplish my goal, so an exception).

-------------------

A couple weeks ago I bought Post Article Robot and began the task of signing up for various article sites. I was doing other things and otherwise not paying full attention. Over three nights I managed to sign up for 36 article sites. I stopped there figuring that I got the highest PR as it was so time consuming.

The other day I used these tactics on the same task and am amazed with the results. In 5 hours time (2.5 hours each night.. crunched an extra 15 minutes on the final session both time to hit my goals) I added another 90 article directories to my arsenal.

So, basically, I went from 36 directories per article to 126 in just 5 hours. 5 hours work (that would have taken me a week or better otherwise) has just improved my article marketing/SEO efforts by 300%.

I plan to use these same tricks on EVERYTHING from now on.

Try them and let me know how it works for you.

I use the same strategy to keep me focused and keep my schedule on track. I would add, do the most difficult task first.

By completing the most difficult task first, it is done, out of the way and won't be hanging over your head all day. It will also motivate you and build your momentum to get the rest of your tasks accomplished for the day.

It is amazing how more productive you can be by focusing and having a time constraint.

Good Luck!

Good stuff you guys. I'll attempt to add to it.

Chet Holmes has an approach that works a little like this:
6 tasks in a day that are scheduled to take no more than 6 hours. Two major tasks is the absolute maximum, but they are the focal point for the day. The remaining 4 tasks are made up of remedial tasks that need to get done but aren't "mission critical." The 2 hours leftover are padding in case something comes up to force you off track (which almost always happens).

Something else I've been personally wrestling with lately is forcing myself to take a complete day off to where nothing work related is even thought about. It's a work in progress, but it makes sense that productivity would increase dramatically if there's at least one totally free day in the mix even though that seems a bit counter intuitive.

Finally, an article creation strategy I read about the other day that is interesting. Turn your monitor off while you type up your articles then go back and review them to make revisions (if necessary). The main focus is to get your thoughts documented regardless of the initial format. Often times, we get in our own way by trying to make everything perfect the first time that it impedes progress towards the big picture goal. Personally, I use mind-mapping to document thoughts, but cranking out several articles at once is still a hurdle so I think I'll try this a time or two to see how it goes.

Something else I've been personally wrestling with lately is forcing myself to take a complete day off to where nothing work related is even thought about. It's a work in progress, but it makes sense that productivity would increase dramatically if there's at least one totally free day in the mix even though that seems a bit counter intuitive.

Finally, an article creation strategy I read about the other day that is interesting. Turn your monitor off while you type up your articles then go back and review them to make revisions (if necessary). The main focus is to get your thoughts documented regardless of the initial format. Often times, we get in our own way by trying to make everything perfect the first time that it impedes progress towards the big picture goal. Personally, I use mind-mapping to document thoughts, but cranking out several articles at once is still a hurdle so I think I'll try this a time or two to see how it goes.

Taking a day off is something I really should do but have a very hard time with.
I'm an Internet addict and workaholic. :eek:

The article writing strategy makes a ton of sense. I bet it would help some people a lot and is worth a try for all you article marketers out there!

I hold down a normal J.O.B. for 60-75 hours a week on top of my business, so I definitely agree that you need some time to yourself. I just implemented a few things today that will still allow me to be productive on those light days when I am flat tired or want to play. Forces me to still spend a little bit on the business, but not so much as to need hours to do.

Keep the tips coming guys, I like where you are all taking this!

My tip is to make a list of things you want to focus on each night. And then follow your to do list such as:

Write a Press Release
Forum marketing - One hour
Read and advertise on other Blogs

If you're a lazy person:
I'm a lazy person and tend to sit in front of the TV a lot. In the meantime I have some work to do that keeps piling up. What I realized is that NIKE's slogan is gold and if I just pick my lazy a$$ up and "just do it", the momentum comes instantly and I do what I need to do; so if there are more lazy people in here - just pick yourselves up, open the programs necessary to do what needs to be done and just do it!

I also keep paper notes of the things that I need to do stuck on the F-keys on my keyboard - the most important tasks in front of the less important ones.
Just be organized and you'll have a bit more motivation to do what needs to be done.

MI
Back