The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

POF Ad Tracking with P202

auroretan

affiliate
Currently I'm breaking my campaigns in POF into age group and log in counts.
example, I do a general dating offer, I keep my ad image, headline, description the same, but break the age group and log in counts into separate campaigns (sub campaigns)

My question is.. when it comes to tracking, do we need to generate different tracking links for each sub campaigns?
If I use the same tracking link for all sub campaigns in this campaign, will it mess up my data?

You can use the same link. It is possible to pass up to 4 additional parameters to it in order to be able to analyze your data. However, I don't know what kind of variables PoF provides, but you need a few to pass to the tracking link.

As for P202, this is how it works.

For example, let's say you have a tracking link:
http://tracking.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=0001&t202kw=your_keyword

You can add your age range (for example, 20-25) simply by passing an optional parameter, called c1, like this:
http://tracking.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=0001&c1=20-25&t202kw=your_keyword

However, it doesn't stop there, as you can use up to c4 (no, not the explosives :))

Consider you want to track the following:
* Which age range your prospects are (20-25)
* Where they are from (USA)
* Which banner-id they clicked on (#111)
* How much the click costed you (0.05)

Then the tracking link could look something like the following:
http://tracking.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=0001&c1=20-25&c2=usa&c3=111&c4=0.05&t202kw=your_keyword

So if you want to track age range (20-25) and login counts (3), your tracking link could look like this:
http://tracking.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=0001&c1=20-25&c2=3&t202kw=your_keyword

Now, as I mentioned in the beginning of this post, you'll need variables from PoF. I have not used it myself, so I don't know which variables are available. For the sake of this demonstration, let's call the age range variable ###AGE###, the login count variable ###COUNT### and the keyword variable ###KEYWORD###

Your final tracking link would look like this:
http://tracking.com/tracking202/redirect/dl.php?t202id=0001&c1=###AGE###&c2=###COUNT###&t202kw=###KEYWORD###

I know it can be a bit confusing the first time you see it, but look at the tracking link and you should see the relationship between the values I provided in the list.

Feel free to ask if this wasn't clear enough. I'm on my way to bed and my eyes are a bit grainy :)

Thanks for the detailed reply! Now.. I have another question. I'm using my affiliate link goes allows you to put up to 3variables to it, so it looks something like this:

affiliatelink.com/f?a=1234&p=abcs&s1=[[subid]]&s2=[[C1]]&s3= [[C2]]

there's only 3variables available to my affliate link. Can I add more to my variables to track? is it to ad "&s4=" into my affiliate link? Or just adding into the C3, C4 etc inside the prosper202?

Also I understand how to track age, gender but I'm confused how to do that with the Banner ID and Keywords, how do I track my banner that way? I have to create Banner ID for every creative I create? Like I have to rename my ads? And how to set the tracking for keywords in my headlines or description?
I somewhat get the idea, but cant really picture how to do it exactly yet.

Again, thanks for your fast reply!

No, you can only use the variables your affiliate network provides you. However, do you really need to pass these variables to your affiliate network too? The four variables (c1-c4) are passed to p202 and you can do all the tracking in there. The variables (s1-s3) are passed to your affiliate network, in case you want to use their own tracking platform, but it's not really necessary if you use p202 - except for s1/subid, which is crucial to include.

The s1/subid variable allows p202 to keep track of conversions. When somebody visits your tracking link, your offer's unique p202 id (subid) is passed to your affiliate network. If the user takes action on the offer (signs up, opts in, buys something etc), that subid is passed back to p202 via the postback pixel. The subid is noted by p202 and the conversion is registered for that offer.

As for the different kinds of values I may have mentioned, they were only examples. As I haven't used PoF, I do not know what data advertisers are able to track. I just demonstrated how the c1-c4 variables could be used in p202. Hopefully somebody who's more experienced with PoF can pitch in here and enlighten us with what you are able to track.

However, as for the banners you should just be able to add the different names/ids for the banners in your variable, because you probably have to add the tracking link for each banner anyway, right? So for banner 1 you could just use c2=1, banner two c=2 etc. You can also give them more descriptive names, such as c2=Male1NoBorder, c2=Male1Border.

I hope this helps clarify your questions a bit. Have a great day! :)

You have definitely help me clear quite a bit of my doubts! Well, the POF part I guess I have to find somebody familiar with this plaform.. Still, Thank you so much!

I like using the creative id token {creativeid:} to pass the creative id (assigned by POF) to my tracker. Then I can use the creative id to find the best performing creatives.

MI
Back