The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Playing to the death

C

clau

A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing on-line battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

So guys, take it easy with the playing!!!

Source: Reuters

Well, after 50 hours of playing I think that is normal that he sefferd someting.

But I guess is not the game to blame.

I can't wait to see the warnings they'll now have to tag on games for excessive play.

alledgedly, over 1/3 of the s.korean population is registered for online gaming, with their top players treated like pop stars earning 5-6figure salaries.

Not suprising considering how increasingly common big money gaming tournaments are being held. If you look at a game such as IL 2 Forgotten Battles, advertisers and supporters pay to have their logo on the side of an airplane.

I'm just wondering when gaming will be included in the Olympics.

But how real is that airplane than? It probably looks interesting: a WWII airplane with a XXI century logo on it. :) Or is not about the airplanes from IL2?

Actually, the flight model in IL 2 FB is created from the actual planes. I'll see if I can find some screens that will prove interesting in nature. Having never flown a plane before I have no basis for comparison but I do know there are several pilots that do play the game and think it's physics are pretty good.

Also, the level of difficulty settings for this game are incredible as are the number of configurable options. This will give you a good idea of some of the options available in that game:

http://www.il2sturmovik.com/forgotten_battles/fb_features.php

I heard on BBC click online that in online games there was now a "mafia" - gamers are going about in gangs mugging other online characters and stealing their throphey swords and items and then selling them using ebay or message boards.

If you can get $200 for killing an online character and grabbing their throphey sword, even though they may have more hit points/ experiance than about 5 of these muggers, eventually they will kill them.

Weird, huh?

yeah, but i can see in thr future being acosted walking down the high street and a guy with a knife saying "Give me your warriorgames.com passowrd so I can steal your virtual trphey sword" That's if it isn't happening already...

Thanks for that link Duke. This game must be realy good. I need to get it. :)
yeah, but i can see in thr future being acosted walking down the high street and a guy with a knife saying "Give me your warriorgames.com passowrd so I can steal your virtual trphey sword" That's if it isn't happening already...
I guess it won't be like that. Or I hope so. Anyway I am not a fan of games like these.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oldest post I have seen here
Confused Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
oldest post I have seen here
Confused Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots
Exactly ! .. it feels weird, I was 5 years when this thread was published .. :rofl

A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.
++ By the way, the thread is interesting, I would not expect dying for such reason

- Samira

These are gamblers, of course. Nah, I'm kind of a gamer, too. But I play with my brain. I play only one game and it's Minecraft mainly on Minecraft Survival Servers because I love survival mode. But I was not such that I was playing straight to bad for twenty-four hours. Every day a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are gamblers, of course. Nah, I'm kind of a gamer, too. But I play with my brain. I play only one game and it's Minecraft mainly on Minecraft Survival Servers because I love survival mode. But I was not such that I was playing straight to bad for twenty-four hours. Every day a little bit.
Yeh, Mr.Saitama! That's how it's supposed to be, even for our job (As affiliates, freelancers and managing online businesses), sticking to screen for 24h is NOT possible .. you can't keep focused for that long.
Even when we were Ados -very young and irresponsible-, playing for more than six-hours was a HELL .. or watching an Anime for the hole day&night .. that brought a TERRIBLE headache..
I can't deny, this poor dude there was a legend to keep focused on a game for that long!

- Samira

MI
Back