The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Placing my keywords in WordPress blog

youmay

affiliate
Hi,

I just finished downloading and installing wordpress and I have selected the " Gears Theme". I have a question please: Where can I place my keywords so it will appear on Google search? It will be faster to ask you guys instead of reading Wordpress documentations.
Thanks.

1. Assuming you're using the latest version of WordPress (2.7x), open your Admin CP (by default /wp-admin/) and click on Settings | General in the left hand navigation menu. You have two places to insert keywords: First, in the what you choose as the name of your blog, and second, in the tagline.

2. Then go to Plugins | Add new and in the search box type in the phrase All in One SEO Pack to find and install this automatically. Alternatively, download the plugin from WordPress › All in One SEO Pack WordPress Plugins and upload it to your /wpcont/plugins/ directory and then manually activate it. Then go back to Settings | All in One SEO and you'll find some additional places to insert keywords there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for your quick reply, I will do exactly what you have said.
I didn't know that there is a WP 3.7 version, the one that I installed is 2.7 version. I may upgrade it later.

I didn't know that there is a WP 3.7 version, the one that I installed is 2.7 version. I may upgrade it later.

Sorry. That was a typo. :eek:

The latest version is 2.71. I'll edit my post above to fix this.

Clarification about keywords

I just need some clarifications about the word keyword, if I understand well that we need a single keyword in our blog but I think that we can have a different keyword for every single article we place, am i right?

I am using " All in one SEO " and I have the option to enter a different keyword for all my articles, this way we will have a better chance to get more trafic, no?
Thanks

No, you're not restricted to a single keyword and that's not the best recommendatioon for any page.

The keywords you want to use (in your title tag, description, and on page content) are those that people are likely to use to find that page, whatever the page is about. The point here is to rank well for search terms that people are likely to use, so that when those search terms are entered into Google or another search term, your page will come up as a good match.

Thanks for all your support, I am getting there and I am doing all right so far in my free little time.

Started to get a bit of traffic but still I'm in my testing stage. I did not promote anything yet, just focus on traffic then I will move on to the next step.

I have to say that I have learned a lot from this forum, truly very valuable information.

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to clarify a couple of things in case someone floats in here from a search engine. :)

When manually installing a plugin, the actual folder structure will be /wp-content/plugins/ (no big, but it might confuse some people when they don't see the /wpcont/ folder).

Also (and this isn't a major issue), in order for the All in One SEO Pack plugin to work properly, make sure the theme you select makes use of the wp_head() function. There are some themes out there, or custom built themes, which leave this out--some times on purpose and some times due to human error.

One other thing you should check for is that your theme doesn't already hardcode the head meta directly into the file. (i.e. add the <meta keyword="..."> tag directly in the header.php file). If it does and you're using the plugin, you'll want to delete the hardcoded stuff.

So, in essence, double-check your blog's source code to make sure the plugin is working as intended and do some clean up if it's not. :)

~ Teli

banners
Back