The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

PhpLd or eSyndicat

ms4u

affiliate
Hi,

I am planning to setup another new directory. I have used phpld for my first one, and felt that there are lots of mods and features to add-in in order to make a directory up to my satisfaction.

I looked at eSyndicat, their templates layout looks great and professional. My question is are they easier to use compared to phpld, does all required mod and feature already added in as standard?

Both software are excellent but I will suggest you try eSyndicat since you have already got a PHPLD directory. I have directory running both script but I seem to prefer eSyndicat

phpmydirectory is more of a protal directory script than a traditional directory. I use both pmd & Esyndicat, and would recommend eiter. Esyndicat is the easier to self customise as you can add fields on the fly and they appear in the pages. pmd you actually have to open the php page and hand code the fields into there, so unless you can code you will be stuffed if you intend ading fields.

Can't really speak for the other scripts but can do so for phplinkdirectory script. We have found this be very easy to use. Else, if you are not a designer you can find many free templates available out there as the script itself is so popular.

Wow...I didn't know that there are still another directory script in the market, phpmydirectory, good to know that :thumbsup:

Yes I agree, phpld is very popular and easy to use. I can said they are one of the most popular directory script in the market, mainly due to their price. But I still felt they are lacking of flexibility and need some additional works on the installation of mods (free and paid) to make it more feature.

I think I will go for eSyndicat, after serious consideration and of course after the feedbacks from members of this forum :kneeled:.

Thanks for the comments. :thumbsup:

phpLD is best IMO. Using it at my all web directories without having any problem. You can find so many mods and templates for phpLD.

DON.

Hi,

I am planning to setup another new directory. I have used phpld for my first one, and felt that there are lots of mods and features to add-in in order to make a directory up to my satisfaction.

I looked at eSyndicat, their templates layout looks great and professional. My question is are they easier to use compared to phpld, does all required mod and feature already added in as standard?

Since you already know a bit about PHPLD I would suggest using it again. The scripts get easier and easier to use as you get to know them. It is harder to become an expert at more than one.

Code:
[B]eSyndicat is a bit pricy, but has more features.[/B]
Code:
But eSyndicat support is free, you pay for PHPLD support.
If you brought 5 licenses, it worked out more or less the same between these two. In fact, it worked out better for eSyndicat, as they offer FREE installation, correct me if I am wrong.

As for phpLD support, you only need to pay once, so is not a big problem. But what I felt about their support is that, they have massive queries in one day. And their administrator wouldn't be able to provide full support to everyone. For instance until now, I still have two issues where the administrators promised to solve it but still under pending. They gave priory in term of the importance of the problem itself. They wouldn't be able to cover the whole support.

General speaking, phpld script is still the top of the market due to the price and their ease of use.

You are right about the price working out to be roughly the same in the long run between those two software.

I have used both but somehow I find eSyndicat better and easier. It could also be because I bought eSyndicat when they were still doing unlimited license so I can install as many eSyndicat copy as like without the need to pay additional fee.

Code:
It could also be because I bought eSyndicat when they were still doing unlimited license so I can install as many eSyndicat copy as like without the need to pay additional fee.

Unlimited license :eek:! wow! Are they still doing now?

But eSyndicat support is free, you pay for PHPLD support.

c'mon Temi...it's only a tenner for Christ sake...

You are right about the price working out to be roughly the same in the long run between those two software.

I have used both but somehow I find eSyndicat better and easier. It could also be because I bought eSyndicat when they were still doing unlimited license so I can install as many eSyndicat copy as like without the need to pay additional fee.

That's the best part of eSyndicat...I've bought an unlimited license back in 2006...never used it as I didn't liked the script that much at that time...They did a fantastic job and the latest versions of the script are fantastic...I remember back in '06 I've paid about $150 for it now it's nearly $500, isn't it?...lucky me :)...time to play with eSyndicat again

Marius>c'mon Temi...it's only a tenner for Christ sake...
Temi> As Tesco slogan goes, every little helps, I love free stuff :)

One of disadvantages of eSyndicat is that you can't transfer licenses. It means ,after you sold your directory running on eSyndicat, the buyer has to buy license again. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

MI
Back