The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Permutations in key phrases

kenpachi

affiliate
I've been doing a lot of keyword research lately and I have noticed that many keyword phrases that I have researched also appear in different orders. Sometimes these different orderings of the key phrase out performs the original by a huge margin.

If I could use those key phrases in a title or in some context that would make sense, I'd be more than happy, but these phrases really don't make much sense in that order.

e.g.

Say I am researching the phrase "internet marketing book"
and the results are...

internet marketing book 12,000 results
book marketing internet 100,000 results

It would seem kind of weird to have a page title "book marketing internet" or use it in context that way.

I know the above is a bit extreme, I just want to give you guys an idea of what I am talking about.

Are you using quotes or Allintitle in your search results? This can make a difference because usually G will deliver the same results for any word order within keywords when you search that way, but searching without the quotes or allintitle, delivers all the pages that have those words on their site.

Misspellings or keyphrases with a weird or nonintuitive wording can be very profitable. Like you said, sometimes they will outperform prettier looking phrases.

What I do to keep my sites looking coherent is have a tiny area somewhere that something like "more articles" or simply "more."

This section is designed just to grab organic traffic from the search engines. I don't want or expect people to visit this "secret" section from my main navigation areas.

In this secret section I'll write articles using the exact misspelling or weirdly ordered keyphrase that shows up so nicely in the search engines and isn't competitive. But I'll put directly below the misspelling the correct spelling, or I'll put a secondary heading with a better word order/phrasing so the page still scans. Then I put in my usual sales copy or sales links and these pages can perform VERY well organically in the engines, bringing in tons of traffic.

Sometimes in huge niches misspellings will be major performers with low competition. So find a way to go after them!

Dan

MI
Back