The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

$ per impression

aready

affiliate
I was wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark on what you make per impression on your sites. I don't even know what to expect at this point.

Thanks!

Per single impression? Mine is pretty low, not even a penny. Impressions are usually measured in terms of "per 1000 impressions", EPM (earnings per 1000) or eCPM (cost per 1000).

On a per click basis, mine are still low, but it ranges from a few pennies to $0.30 per click.

Impressions

It is very hard to say what you could earn on impressions because of the many variables. Demographics of your users, and the content on your site play an important part.

Example: if your site has to do with music.. users visiting the site may have little interest in gardening.

So the is a direct connect between the user and the affiliate ad for relevance. I presume you are asking about affitiate ads. Then the design of your site to blend the relevant ads.

Short answer measuring revenue based on impression alone is close to impossible based on the many variables. what is good for one is not always good for others. Find a nich and make it interesting and they will come.

Good SEO work is important, but strong relevance is king. Another example to go with my comment. I have written "support" pages without any SEO work, zero meta tags and found the page in the top 5 listings of major search engines Google for one.

Target your site(s) to generate money based on what "you" have to offer in product or service. The affiliate links are just for a small amount of additional revenue. Based on what they produce in revenue I have continued to reduce the numbers of ads, and it seem the more I reduce the ads the better the site grows.

My conclusion is that we work hard, as publishers, to bring traffic to our site so why send it away to someone else and not get paid. Affiliate ads are very weak forms of revenue.

Best of Luck

HUGE difference depending on what you mean by your question. Are you asking about someone who sells direct advertising on thier site, or someone who shows banner network ads like Tribalfusuion, or how much CPM they make with Adsense.

If you are asking how much money people make with affiliate programs if they translated that to CPM (which is not how affiliate programs pay.) That would vary wildly depending on how well the affiliate program converts and how targeted the affiliate's traffic was.

Above are all different ways to make money but the amounts would vary wildly. Also the type of site you have plays a huge part. A celebrity gossip site or humor site has notoriously low conversion rates for example.

The following thread answers your question pretty well (although I think it's talking about selling direct advertising on your site, which may not be what you were referring to.) The right answer is "it depends" but this will give you some ranges.

Average CPM today?
Note it's from 2005 so the numbers may be a little different but the comments are still valid.

TO be sure you understand CPM - CPM stands for "cost per thousand impressions" so for example having your ad appear 500,000 times on a site at a CPM rate of $4 would cost $2,000 (500,000 impressions x $4 / 1000).

Maybe that's more detail than you wanted or not what you wanted to hear.
But if you were just looking for an answer to how much the answer is it depends. Above will just give you some ideas.

MI
Back