The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

PayDotCom.com

baaf1

affiliate
Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to this affiliate stuff, however, I've had great success. I'm making on average $100 per/day from a website listed with PayDotCom.com called wholesale-portal.com. It's a website where you can buy goods at a wholesale price and resell them on eBay etc to make profit. Anyway...the conversions of the site are great, even though they only pay $6.50 per sale (50%)...

but my question...should I just advertise one affiliate link on my site...or ad a few more. I'm afraid that if I add a few more it my draw clicks away from the wholesale-portal one...rather than increase the clicks - and i don't want to lose the money I am making.

Will all sites like this have good conversions...any ideas friends?

Thanks,
Baaf1

Hi Baaf1,

Sounds like pretty good conversions. So is that YOUR site?
I ask because most legit affiliates won't share the name of the merchant they are doing well with for fear of competition. PLUS when people drop names their 1st post they are usually self promoting. You are both from UK right?

So is wholesale-portal.com yours?

Wrong kinda feedback I was looking for...

Hi,

Well for starters...never judge a book by its cover. Why would I have to fear 'competition'? Unless people can actually take my visitors from my website...and direct them to their website I have nothing to fear.

Furthermore...if I owned this website I don't think I'd be advertising it in a forum haha...they seem to be loaded.

I found this website from a website known as workathomeresearch.com. I was looking for products to sell on my website. In their members area it explained about advertising and getting paid...so I gave it a crack.

Last but not least...do you know how big the UK is?...thought so. (plus I thought the were American Based...oops)

Anyway...back to my initial question...any advice anybody. Should I leave things the way they are with my web and not be greedy...or should I experiment about a bit?

Please...advice would be great from experienced affiliates.

Thanks,
Baaf1

Baaf1,
I believe that experimentation doesn't hurt as long as you test, test, and test some more. If you truly believe that you can improve your profit margin by adding some additional merchants to your websites, then do so. If there's a drop in your overall monthly income, then revert to your previous structure.

One other thing you can do is simply duplicate the process with another website. Create a website for the sole purpose of marketing multiple merchant's products and get traffic to this new website and see how your results fair.

~ Teli

Thank you Teli

Thank you Teli. That's great advice! I will now proceed with implementing more advertisements on my site...and I will make a duplicate of the site, with different colours etc, to try to mimic my results. :)

Maybe the website...Work at Home Research is no longer working...but I know Wholesale Portal must be, as I've made 8 sales so far today :) so happy.

Thanks again for your expertise and advice. I'll invest whatever money I need to, to try to double my earnings :)

All the best,
Baafy

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I jumped to conclusions. You followed a very common pattern that self promoters often do.

To answer your question, if conversions are that good you may want to leave things alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But if you want to try to get additional sales from the visitors you are already getting, you could TRY adding a couple other Ebay related products OR try to capture contanct info so you can send a newsletter with other eBay related products after the fact.

Ahhh...great idea

Yes, I think I wont change anything...maybe ad one more 'sponsor' but I will definately duplicate the website site but with some new content so I can try double my sales. Newsletter idea is GREAT...because I get the e-mail of every customer...OMG...can't believe I didnt think of that. Thats a few 100 potential customers. Thanks for the advise :) mega happy now!!

banners
Back