The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Pay or you will be killed

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
People are using all types of ways to try to get money. Some of those methods are illegal and has potential victims feeling frightened.

A new e-mail extortion scheme started this week and it is aimed at people with a little money. They are being told they will be killed if they don't send thousands of dollars to the person who says they will murder them.

These concern people more because they come from valid e-mail accounts rather than a spoofed address. The emails are sent using Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail.

If the person who receives the e-mail responds to it, they receive a reply that contains a lot of personal information about them. That really worries them because it makes it feel as if the person really is after them.

Here is some of what people are being sent:
I have being paid a ransom in advance to terminate you with some reasons listed to me by my employer, I have followed you closely for one week and five days now and have seen that you are innocent of the accusation," one e-mail reads. "Do not contact the police or try to send a copy of this to them, because if you do I will know, and might be compelled to do what I have being paid to do, besides this is the first time I turned out to be a betrayer in my job.
People who receive these are being told that for $30,000 they will not be killed.

These articles have more details about this:

New E-Mail Scam: Pay Assassins Or Be Killed -- E-Mail Threat -- InformationWeek

Death threats from Gmail, Yahoo & Hotmail News - PC Advisor

The very good thing they'll do is to ignore the message. It's so obvious that the sender's a scammer.... tsk! tsk! They just have nothing to do with their lives... :mad:

I agree do these people have anything postive to contribute to the world!! Everybody needs to stop being so frighten they thrive on it!!

banners
Back