The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Paid Traffic

hamncheese

affiliate
I get most my results from organic searches, but the increase in traffic takes too long, and I am getting a little impatient...

I have been using google PPC before, but given the high cost per click in relation to my order size/margin, makes it almost not worth the effort.

Any thoughts or feedback on buying traffic?

I have come across sited before that re-direct traffic to my site. Prices seem really low. Even keyword targeted traffic is about 1/3 of what I would have o pay on google PPC.

Has anyone ad any positive results with something similar to this?

Thanks,

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

I think everyone here that's tried it, including me, will tell you it's not worth it. The traffic quality is usually very poor and does not stick or convert. Some of us here have even bought traffic from some of the more reputable players and question how real the traffic was.

If you have money to burn and want to try it just be sure to send traffic to separate landing page so you can see how much sticks and how many leave the second they hit the page.

Thanks for the good information once again. This is what I expected. I might still give this a try after the Holidays. I was thinking to build a landing page on my site just for this traffic, and then use google analytics to track bounce rate, # of page views, avg. time on the site, and of course conversion rate.

I will post my findings and stats once finished with this project.

Hendrik

Paid traffic tends to be untargeted, so it only works if you've got a site that would interest just about anyone.

Otherwise, it's just pretty random. And random gets expensive in a hurry.

Charlie

Agree with Linda.
Paying for traffic is a waste of your money. Traffic not targetted and does not convert

Just focus on ranking for a wider range of keywords in the search engines
Yes, it takes time, but it works!

I need traffic too. But not for ad units in my site to be clicked. I just want to improve my alexa ranking...in 3 weeks time I got 9000+ visitors.

I can understand how frustrating it can be to have to wait for your traffic to slowly build up, but believe me - if you're spiking up traffic by paid visits, it's going to do quite the opposite as soon as you stop paying.

"Slow and steady wins the race" - it's about daily disciplines to help you achieve your ultimate results.

Stay focused, and you'll see the numbers you want. ;)

Agree, buying untargeted traffic is just a waste of money. It may be cheaper but if you want better results, you have to be willing to pay more and get quality targeted traffic. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back