The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

PageRank?

Pagerank is important but not as much as some people think. A PR 1 site can rank past a PR5 site easily, but Pagerank is important.

Getting links from higher PR sites is better than low PR sites.

The higher your PR is the more often Google will come crawl your site and the more pages Google will index of your site.

I agree with craig88 that PR is not that important to define the position in the SERPS.

On the google website it states that PR is one of the many factors that define the position of your site in the SERPS but from my experience it has limited effect.
You can read more on:
www dot google dot com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=34432

Last edited:
Hi

PageRank is one of the over 200 elements Google uses to rank websites. 70% of your rankings is determined through linking, PR relates to link relevance and reputation, therefore, I would argue that PR is important.

On the other hand, don't get hung up on PR sculpting, instead, concentrate on building quality links through quality content.

Cheers!

Sussextech

Yes, All right, PR is only one element of more than 200 to get ride on SERP position, we don't know all then element of google search algorithm but we know certainly one is PR. So, I think we should pay some attention to build PR.

My simple way- Be patient, Build Quality links, Gather Quality content then it will give you PR.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!

HI,

Page rank means Brand value of your site in terms of search engine statistics. If your page rang is high means you have high brand value if your page rank is low it means your brand value is low. It will change with quality back links.

PR is just an link analysis algo, It is not an important thing, for example if your site has PR 6 and no visitors then Pr 6 is use less. SERP is more important than PR.

it's important only against your competitors for same keywords or keyphrase if your seo is at the same level and links are equivalent in number and quality

PageRank (PR) was Google’s original secret weapon, a scale that would rank websites based on incoming links and where those links came from. Although its relevance has arguably faded a bit over the years as Google has added more and more criteria to site rankings, it still goes hand in hand with SEO and every webmaster out there wants to have a high PR. But do you need a high PR to have a successful site? Search rankings are one thing, but what about actual site popularity and traffic?

Watch CNN TV Live

Hello!
Craig88
I have got website which is young, domain name is created and registered 3 and half months ago.
My PR is 0 and this is not true that Google do not index all pages.
90% of my pages are indexed and regulary visited by spiders.
However, it helps when you register your site in Google Webmaster account.
Some of my pages show up better than PR 1,2 and 3 of other sites.
PR is important but, there are 20 other main factors, like good relevant unique content factor....and I'm good in it (content).:harts:

all the suggestions are valuable, but remember that you need to have backlinks from relevant websites for your content. especially make sure about that if you are running web news content.

PR is exactly an link analysis algo, It is not an significant matter, for example if your site has PR 6 and no visitors then Pr 6 is use less. SERP is more significant than PR.

Hey guys can anyone tell me how important is PageRank? looking forward for your replies...........

PageRank is important if someone wants to check your site traffic, however, 99% people in the world do not understand "page rank", so you have nothing to worry, if you have a website, promote it in Facebook, Twitter, or even off line leaflets...... you will get traffic anyway.

banners
Back