The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Outsourced Affiliate Managers Needed

Linda Buquet

affiliate
One of our 5 Star partners is in need of experienced affiliate managers. Since I know some AM's out there must be looking for new opportunities, I wanted to play match maker and post this in hopes it would help someone find a new home. This is a remote position so you can work from your home office and live anywhere in the US.

<strong><a href="http://www.partnercentric.com">PartnerCentric</a></strong> is a leading outsourced affiliate management agency and manages about 24 affiliate programs for top brands such as National Geographic Store, Puritans Pride, Quicken Loans, The Company Store and many more.

<strong>PartnerCentric now hiring experienced affiliate program managers. </strong>

<strong><a href="http://www.partnercentric.com">PartnerCentric</a></strong>, a full-service Internet marketing agency, is now hiring affiliate program managers who have extensive experience managing programs for top brands. Our team has many years of combined experience, and we're always looking to expand our company's expertise with new managers.

We take a team approach to affiliate program management, which means we need a program director and program manager working on each account. We provide each client with constant attention - combining daily campaign monitoring with long-range strategic planning.

PartnerCentric is a virtual company that employs talent from across the country. All of our affiliate program managers work from home.

If you want to learn more about employment opportunities at PartnerCentric and have in-depth affiliate management experience, please send your resume to wsisson AT partnercentric DOT com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post Linda!
Looks very interesting. I would be very interested in a job like this, but I dont have any experience as an Affiliate Manager.

Do you know where I could look for other available positions??

Thanks

Thanks for the post Linda!
Looks very interesting. I would be very interested in a job like this, but I dont have any experience as an Affiliate Manager.

Do you know where I could look for other available positions??

Thanks

I am in a similar boat, I consider myself to be very experienced in the realm of affiliate marketing but I have yet to manage an affiliate program and don't see how to get my foot in the door.

Yes, PC requires lots of experience and most of the AMs they end up hiring have managed big brands like Old Navy and Travelocity.

Best thing in order to break into affiliate management is to try to find an opportunity to get in the door managing a small program and work your way up. But I don't know other places to look besides the big job boards like Monster.

It's really hard for companies to find experienced AMs so I'm sure some of the smaller companies would hire someone who had been an affiliate and knows the game but has not managed a program yet. Would probably be low paying though.

I got my start in affiliate management by 1st building a CJ program for a company I worked for. I knew nothing about AM at the time, just learned as I went along. Then broke out on my own by working part-time for a smaller outsourced management company while at the same time working to build up my own clientele. Then I hooked up with PartnerCentric and started doing all their recruiting and promotion and just kept growing from there.

It would take a LOT to make me want to go back to being an AM.

Being an affiliate rocks way harder. :D

For me it's always been about the freedom rather than the cash though.

Affiliates if they are good can make a lot more than AMs. Many AMs only make around 40K,
some make 50-70K and only a few make over 100K.

So can an AM do any of their own Affiliate Marketing for themselves? Or is that against the rules when you get a job like this?

If they cannot do any affiliate marketing, then I think I will stick to the path I am on now :D

Well it depends on the company. Definitely a conflict of interest to be an affiliate for the company you work for. Some feel it's a conflict for AMs to do affiliate marketing at all, because as an AM they are privy to so much info about what affiliates are doing and what works. At one point if I remember right CJ gave some AMs an ultimatum to drop their affiliate sites and some left the company instead.

I think you have a pretty obvious conflict of interests if you are promoting the same programs as your affiliates.

C'mon guys, this is only money. It's not worth destroying your reputation or stepping on toes to get it. And if you think it is, then you have much worse things to worry about than money.

Rob - he asked if he could any AM on his own - I assume meaning programs he was already working NOT the company he would be working for.

I replied "Definitely a conflict of interest to be an affiliate for the company you work for."

So I'm confused by your reply which sounds accusatory and you said "guys" so it sounded like it was partly directed at me.

"C'mon guys, this is only money. It's not worth destroying your reputation or stepping on toes to get it. And if you think it is, then you have much worse things to worry about than money."

All he did was ask a question because he's never been an AM and does not know.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular Linda, least of all you. :(

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that imwebdev was referring to an AM promoting the same program as their affiliates.

Was just my (obviously clumsy) effort to direct the thinking on this topic to more of a direction where I think it should be (and I was trying to agree with you - not attack you). Poorly worded - my bad.

I know certain networks where the AMs do promote the same programs as their affiliates and it is just one more thing where I think the AM community needs better guidance.

Apologies if I inadvertantly offended anyone. It wasn't my intention but seems to be the outcome most of the time. :rolleyes:

It's OK Rob, water under the bridge. Maybe I was being too sensitive.

It's just that I know imwebdev pretty well and am pretty sure he was just thinking "I have affiliate sites I've worked to build up for months (or years), do I need to drop them all if I become an AM?" Which I think is a valid question and it's good he asked before applying.

But ya I agree with you on the conflict and can't believe networks would knowingly let their AMs work their own programs.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Linda!
For the record, I have NEVER been an Affiliate Manager, and was jus asking the question.

I would never work as an Affiliate Manager and promote those same products/services myself, that is definitely a conflict on interest.

As Linda clarified, I just wanted to know about being an Affiliate Manager and running my own sites doing Affiliate Marketing.

Rob no problems! No offense taken. Doing under handed work is the last thing on my mind, and the last thing I would do! No point of applying for a position that finds myself doing underhand work!!

Cheers for the replies!
Imwebdev

Hi Linda,
I have about 1 years experience as an affiliate coordinator. I basically managed the merchant side of the process (set up merchants in the networks, reports, payments, approval of affiliate applications to the campaigns, etc). I've not dealt w/ managing affiliates directly so do you think I would be a good fit for the job?

Hey Rob and James, We are a small company looking for an AM for our website at Real Estate Investor Training, How To Invest In Real Estate - Private Money - RealEstateProfitCoach.com. We have an existing infrastructure with an affilaite resource center, content in there (need more), and about 30 not too active affiliates. We also have several JV partners we work with who want to be affilaites and do affiliate marketing for our products. If you want a place to start and get your feet wet and experience, maybe we could work something out? You can reach me at Roland at the name of our website.

In the meantime, if anyone with some experience is available to kick our program into higher gear, I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi George,

Typically salary with bonus. Salaries range from 40K - to 70K on average with some going higher.
I don't know what the bonuses usually run.

Just to add, some work on commission only (rarely) and rarely do they just work on salary.

As an OPM myself, I negotiate a different deal for every merchant. You can't just package recruitment into the same box. Every merchant is different and my work for them will be different as well.

And I agree with Linda on the ranges.

Affiliate Manager with 10 years experience!

I am an Affiliate Manager with nearly 10 years experience! I am not in the US but I'm able to work remotely and I'm flexible with my hours. Let me know if any positions are available on a basic + commission basis and I can pass over my resume!

Thanks and have a great day!

MI
Back