The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Outsource PPC campain for affiliates

yanbiz

Hi everyone,

I have received an offer (via ezines...) lately about outsourcing ($) my PPC campain for my affiliates with a companie who is specialized is Pay Per Click campain. I don't want to name the companie's name, this is not of a purpose in this forum.

They do all the research, refine your add, etc. and give a fixed budget each month. They start with Overture (Yahoo) and then with Google Adwords.

Despite the fact that most of us are struggling in this area, especially in network marketing and affiliate programs (competition is rough...), is anybody has ever tried this kind of service? Should I try or go away?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

"outsourcing ($) my PPC campain for my affiliates"

You mean for the affiliate programs you promote?

Affiliates have a hard enough time making a good ROI doing straight PPC themselves, I would think if you have to pay someone to do it on top of your PPC costs you could go seriously in the hole.

Do you have good merchants that convert well? Do you have a niche? Do you do PPC now? Do you make a good consistant ROI?

Hi Linda,

To answer your question, I don't PPC at all right now, I just use the "free ways" like forums, articles, blogging, etc. So my only cost right now are my monthly fees for my programs. I start to see results now but it takes time and that's OK, I expected it and tha's the way it works.

To outsource PPC means to have someone else who is specialized with PPC for affiliate programs to run your ads for you. Put it this way, there are websites out there who claim to send/submit your affiliate programs to 100 000 search engines each month. The problem is that affiliate programs have all the same sale's page and search engines know this, unless you setup a personalized landing page branding yourself, which is something I want to do later on (can't do everything at the same time...)

These website don't tell you that a lot of these sites where they submit are farm sites, FFA, etc. which are sometimes crappy and search engines don't like them it can ban your link and see it as a scam... and because as an affiliate, you have the sale's page of your program which you can't really optimize it for search engines, you can't change the content. They charge $100 or $200 a year for this service. I have tried it with three different places and they didn't bring me any result at all, nada, nothing...

However, it's very easy to loose $100 or $200 in PPC (I tried in the past) that does not work properly with Google or Overture, refining, trial, improvement, etc. especially in newtork marketing or affiliate businesses where the competition is extremely feroce. PPC should also be one of the advertising method to use, not only put all the eggs in the same basket. I have read some articles on this matter and of course there are pro's and con's like anything else.

With PPC outsourced, you pay an initial setup price (fix price $200) and they take part of the "risk" at the beginning and then you pay a small monthly fee (about $40/month) to run your ads and as soon as you get a good ROI, sales and significant traffic on your link, you can increase this monthly amount as you wish and invest it back for leverage. It sounds interesting to me and I can personaly afford it. The company are currently promoting for some people in my organisation, I will contact them to get testimonials to ensure it brings results before I jump.

I build my business rock-by-rock using strategies around organic search engine (forums, articles, blog, etc.) but it's a long term process. Using PPC is something I want to "retry" and I would feel more confortable using this outsourcing service than spending my time and risk loosing money by going by myself, I prefer spending my time in forums, writing articles and helping others.

Thanks for reading, this is a long post... :)

Outsourcing PPC

I'm doing this for my clients: I research keywords for which they don't rank well, I set up the campaigns, suggest a monthly budget and keep an eye on the campaigns all the time, to fine-tune them. My prices are similar to what you found. But my clients are not affiliates: they have their own products and services to sell. If you really can't find some time for this, outsourcing can be a solution. But I think that the best person who knows his business are you, you have the decision power on how to react at competitors' moves, when to raise and when to lower the bids, what keywords to use or not... and you know when your site is offline, so you can pause your campaigns right away. This is very important, as you may pay for people to see your 500 Internal Server Error, and that does not bring you any money.

Hi Scorpion68a,

Thanks for your reply and advise. I didn't jump yet, still think of it. I am trying to contact people in my org who use/tried this kind of service and got results.

Talk to you soon!

banners
Back