The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Onpage SEO vs Offpage SEO, which one is the major factor that decides you site position on Google?

As Marc stated above, having both is key, and they are both major factors in determining your rank.

If you must prioritize one over the other, as the saying goes "content is king".

Having all of the back-links in the world that only link to useless text won't provide SEO results. Ultimately, Google just wants to organize whatever is on your site, and having lots of rich content that is valuable and unique and will tie into what a specific user may be looking for is going to help you get that information to that user. Once you have the good content, you can help boost the rating of the content by getting other sites to link to your content.

If your goal is to have long term high organic rankings, figure out what you are trying to rank for, then focus on creating excellent and unique content that actually would provide value to a user. After you have the quality content, focus on getting quality links, as just as Google will evaluate your content for quality, they will also evaluate your back-links. It is much better to have good quality content and a few high quality back-links then to have a ton of useless text and a ton of low quality back-links, but you need both on-site & off-site.

Your ranking is ultimately relative to your competition. If your competition has more relevant content and more high-quality back-links, they will rank higher, if you have more relevant content and back-links, you will rank higher.

As Marc stated above, having both is key, and they are both major factors in determining your rank.

If you must prioritize one over the other, as the saying goes "content is king".

Having all of the back-links in the world that only link to useless text won't provide SEO results. Ultimately, Google just wants to organize whatever is on your site, and having lots of rich content that is valuable and unique and will tie into what a specific user may be looking for is going to help you get that information to that user. Once you have the good content, you can help boost the rating of the content by getting other sites to link to your content.

If your goal is to have long term high organic rankings, figure out what you are trying to rank for, then focus on creating excellent and unique content that actually would provide value to a user. After you have the quality content, focus on getting quality links, as just as Google will evaluate your content for quality, they will also evaluate your back-links. It is much better to have good quality content and a few high quality back-links then to have a ton of useless text and a ton of low quality back-links, but you need both on-site & off-site.

Your ranking is ultimately relative to your competition. If your competition has more relevant content and more high-quality back-links, they will rank higher, if you have more relevant content and back-links, you will rank higher.
How can you tell a backlink is high or low quality?
In term of content, I saw a lot of sites with contents similar to mine (in structure, in meaning, though not as detailed as sentences). So I don't really understand how google can evaluate that (well I use yoast SEO as my guideline for onpage SEO btw). Most people say in the end it's backlinks that decide the competition

I think both are important for you website ranking on-Page is important for relevence and off-Page is important for vote of Confidence ,

I think both are important for you website ranking on-Page is important for relevence and off-Page is important for vote of Confidence ,
I know both are important. Just don't know which one is more of a deciding factor. I mean how can google judge if your site or the opponent 's site is better if your contents aren't so different from each other (There're affiliates out there literally copy your content and just randomly change it, it's not even better, but somehow stay higher than your site)

relevence is most important and on-page will increase your relevence, i think on-page is most important .
You're right but that's when people have actually get to your site. On google you can't have much content displayed to increase you relevance there. Between a well optimized site which is at the bottom of page 1 and a fairly optimized site with similar content on top of google, which one do you think generate more traffic and conversions?

Mostly, Off-page SEO is the major factor that decides your site's position on Google. It provides the amazing result to the websites by performing off-page SEO techniques ie. blog commenting, forums participations, guest posting, Q/A sites participations, social media marketing also.

Well, when thinking about SEO, consider the fundamental methodology of Google: When Google crawls your website, they have no idea what is on your website, and it is not such as if they have a per-determined list of words from which they are ranking your site on, it is the opposite, they crawl your website to determine what it is about and what terms you might rank for. They make their ranking algorithms intentionally ambiguous so that people don't manipulate their websites to rank for particular words, in their ideal world, people would just publish content, and Google would try to sort through and rank that. Of course as people have realized the value that can be driven from having high search engine ranking, people are trying to manipulate their content to rank better, but that can still be a good thing sometimes if it drives people to create truly valuable content for users.

Quality content is: 1. Unique - not just reworded, but actual unique, new information that doesn't exist in 100 places all over the internet. Have you ever typed a misspelled word and got results for the correctly spelled word or a synonym? Google knows how to differentiate reworded information vs. unique information. Think of a breakthrough college research paper, that is something brand new, nobody thought of before, that doesn't exist anywhere else! Something like that will definitely get super high ranking. Again, this is all relevant, as if you're trying to rank for the word "computer", there's a lottttt of information in circulation about computers, so you better have some damn good original information if you want to rank.

Quality backlinks: That is backlinks which come from higher PageRank websites. All pages get PageRanks from Google, which is like an authority score, it comes from page content, links from other sites, domain age, and other aspects like this. You can get a browser plugin in Chrome or FireFox that will show you the PageRank of any site you go to. 1 is the worst, 10 is the best. If you can get 1 backlink from a PR10 website, that's like getting 1,000 backlinks from 1 PR1 website. But there are only like 2 or 3 websites that are PR10, and 1 of them is Google.

Yes, you can just do some blackhat SEO tricks like pushing 100,000 super low quality backlinks to your site, but then you'll probably get flagged and blacklisted from Google and lose all your ranking. If you want to have good ranking that will last, it will take time and require some investment on your part, but going legit high quality content and high quality backlinks is the best way.

Both are very important.

First: write quality content and do ON Page SEO

Second - Make quality backlinks, they play major role in keyword ranking

MI
Back