The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

On verge of starting new project, is it right to feel held back?

TeDWooD

At the moment i am just about to make another website. I am scared that it will distract me from my main one and could be a flop. The point is it will increase my chances of getting my goal before summer. It's just the first site i made was more of a test with my knowledge with html/software and hosting rather than to make money.
If i was to make another site could anyone advise me on things i should look out for or concentrate on?
Thanks.

First websites are always testers. I put so much time and energy into my first one. The moment I started my second one success came a lot faster. I encourage you to take what you learned and apply it to your next project.

Then you'll be doing the same to a third project! Constantly learning

Well is your main one making $x,xxx per month yet? If it is can you expand into another area so it can make $xx,xxx per month?

If you're making less than $1,000 I'd say just try the next niche. After all, the goal should be to find sites that are day job income replacing (at least that's the way I feel about it).

So you have built your first website and are obviously getting some results.. well done

Now it seems that you have uncovered a slight problem i.e. the systems you set up with your first website need you to continually work on them. It's why you are worried the new website will distract you from your first website

Here's my tip. Take a look at the first website, the one you learned the basics on and see if there are any processes you can automate.

Also look at your traffic generating methods. And see if there are any methods that result in long term traffic that you can adopt e.g. search engine optimization instead of traffic exchange.

If you run a blog then write a few posts and schedule them for publishing over a few days.

I hope this helps.

Oh and regarding your new website....GO FOR IT ;)

Move on to your next project, find Niche, make sure you have ON PAGE SEO, and find ways to generate traffic that work and automate it

I always advise those who take my course to bring each site to a reasonable state of completion before beginning another, but of course no hard-and-fast rule can be made in this situation. A site can be "complete" without being "finished."

If there are still things you need to do on your first site, I'd recommend scheduling a certain amount of time per day or per week to work on it; if you just figure you'll get back to it when you have a chance, you may never do it.

I always advise those who take my course to bring each site to a reasonable state of completion before beginning another, but of course no hard-and-fast rule can be made in this situation. A site can be "complete" without being "finished."

If there are still things you need to do on your first site, I'd recommend scheduling a certain amount of time per day or per week to work on it; if you just figure you'll get back to it when you have a chance, you may never do it.

Thanks Laura, that's the one thing that i don't want to happen. I will still focus on building back links and adding a few blog posts as i deem that important. I think the design and development of website is always the hardest part for me, that will take a while and i don't want to fall off track.
Thanks to all the other comments as well.

banners
Back