The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Offline Classified Ads Case Study

blillard

affiliate
Hey CPA Ninjas.

It's Blillard here and I have a case study that I want to launch and share with you all.

I've been doing a ton of reading and following what going on in the market and hear a lot about forgotten traffic sources
so that got me thinking a bit. I asked myself, what is a traffic source that is NOT used by a lot of cpa marketers yet cheap and
highly effective?

I remember downloading a report from another forum who mentioned "News Paper Classifieds" hmmm.

So I did a little bit of research and came across a couple brokers who can place weekly ads on you behalf for WAY
less than what you pay if you went direct to the publication.

So I decided to go with this method and not only that, but offer it as a case study so you all can see my process and how it turns out for
me.

Since this is my first time trying this out, I'm going to set a small budget of $50-100 to test things out. I'm still looking for the right offer
to promote at the moment being that I have ton of ideas. In the end I'll pick 1-3 offers to test out.

I'll update this thread as I go and once I get any kind of results from the campaign.

The networks I'm running with are Maxbouty and EWA since I am set to weekly payout with them and have never had any issues with payment before. I'll scale out as things get better and add more networks to the list.

The niches I will focus on are:

Financial
Weight Loss
Free Submits
Dating
Education

Not all at the same time though I'll stick with 2 at a time in the beginning. I chose those niches off the top of my head since they have a mass appeal and should be very easy to promote.

Great man, looking forward to this - what does your ad copy read like?

How much are you paying per ad? and how many people buy/read the paper?

Well K, I missed the deadlines for the papers yesterday, so that gives me a little time to come up with a few ad copies to run with and I'll be submitting them next Thursday to run the following week. Unlike online ads the window is pretty big for when your ads actually run.

I came across two broker sites that will place my ads for me. For this run I will test in short batches in one state. I decided to go with Texas and Georgia.

I found a paper in Texas that has a 20,000 circulation for $4 and another in Georgia with 54,000 circulation for $9.

I'll test those two out first to see how it goes.

I will be creating two domain names to forward my affiliate link. I've been thinking if I should just Iframe the offer so the URL stays the same.

I'll be tracking with subid's at first and when I find winners I'll make lp's and track that way.

I also managed to find a guy who writes some pretty good ads on Fiverr. I may give him a test and compare his to my ads and he delivers in 24hrs so thats cool as well.

One tip though when creating ads for print like newspapers your title is only two words which will be bold. So don't make the mistake of trying to create long headlines. Keep it short and punchy

*Fast Loans Cash In 24hrs Right To Your Bank Account No Credit Checks Visit www.Site.com

something like that it could be better though but thats a rough idea of how the ad will look. Also keep in mind the word count too.

Just a quick update. I've decided to drop one network which was EWA, just too much noise surrounding them these days so I rather play it safe and go with Maxbounty. I wish they had more offers then they do mainly in the submit sections but they have enough for me to test out so I'm cool with that. My ad will be ran on the 20th of this month, so until then I really can't post any real results.

However if you guys have any questions feel free to ask them, I would be more than happy to answer them regarding my case study.

Very excited to see your results - I would maybe suggest building out some capture or squeeze page and grabbing the emails.

You know K that has crossed my mind, more so for the biz opp verticals. I'm sure I could write a report for the financial, dating, weight loss and maybe education. Not so sure about the submits. Although when I think about them, I remember those free lunch days and ZNZ. Maybe I can explain how it works and the best way to go about it picking the offers to do that cost the least amount of money? Not sure but that is an excellent idea.

I wish the ads went out a lot sooner then they do. I'm going to test two ads now. One with squeeze page and one without. I want see how the results look with a direct link as well for those who don't use LP's in their marketing. should give a little insight for them. Thanks all for baring with me.

Sounds good, so when do they go out live? Make sure you take a picture or show us what they look like :)

banners
Back