The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Nutra vertical, what is the deal? How about the risks? I need advices.

Khero

affiliate
Hi Everyone,

We have recently purchased a cosmetics production company with a plan to launch a brand. The project is quiet ambitious with over 50 products etc. however, due to lack of ressources (Covid + country's economic recession) we are unable to carry on with the plan and we have to postpone it. For this reason we are considering pushing some offers in affiliate networks. This business model requires way less ressources (we don't need hundreds of thousands on influencers, we don't need a ton of video and blog content etc).

We have large production capacity and the necessary ressources to get started with with this model.

HOWEVER. There is a lot of confusion in the Nutra affiliate world. Almost feels like underground!

What I have found so far is that COD offers are performing well. But the problem is all those offers are BLACK HAT! Fake celebrity endorsement, false advertising etc, you know...

Now let's say I put my morality on the side, IT IS STILL ILLEGAL! Even if the FTC isn't there, I'm still sure it must be illegal in all EU countries for example.

And if my team and I play it WHITE HAT, I don't think that would perform well since affiliate are used to higher conversions with BLACK HAT offers. I'm guessing no one will promote our offers. isn't it?

Also, our products are actually quality products that consumers would enjoy. Real results real effect etc. We have a very smart toxicologist, and we operate with the highest EU standards.

So I'm just note sure if black hat COD is the right way to go.

And now I'm considering straight sale offers. Because I did notice some some white hat SS offers. Seems like Advertisers don't have to provide their affiliates with advertorials "YOU WILL NOT BELIVE YOUR EYES". LOL.

Just a regular landing page, some strong copywriting, maybe some photoshop here and there, but nothing extreme...

Now here are my questions :

1 - Can you guys recommend some leader affiliate network in Nutra that do clean offers? I know clean networks such as Awin and Sharesales, but for some reasons I feel like that kind of networks is more likely to help you with sales when you already have an established brand...Am I wrong? What affiliate network would you suggest for us? WHERE CAN WE GET HIGH VOLUMES WHILE STAYING COMPLIANT. this is actually our main question.

2 - Do advertisers who run SS offers usually provide pre-landers and advertorials? We don't want provide any black hat material. We plan to produce a VSL for Clickbank or Webmax maybe, but only after we have collected enough customer testimonials etc, so we can do things LEGALLY.

3- Do most affiliate networks require prepayments? We want to join many affiliate networks...(We have contacted a couple of networks and they have both requested prepayment). We are fine with it, they have to pay affiliates on time. But we just want to know if this is common practice.

4- Any advice for us in general? We just want hear opinions from people who been in this industry for a while.

Thanks everyone.

Hi again, Khero.

We have a ton of affiliate network representative members here but many companies don't work on weekends. Some do but it may be the first of the week until you receive a response.

I'll try to look for you on Monday, give your thread a bump, if need be.

By the way, you can create a thread in the Business Centre with a Network Wanted or Looking For, or whatever you feel appropriate as a prefix. Network reps most often check there first. ;)

Hi,

I am an affiliate. My suggestion is to build and run your own affiliate network if you have over 50 products. This way you can impose your own marketing rules, you will have healthy profit margin and can offer higher commissions to your affiliates. Also you would not need to worry about prepayment, brand names etc.

Establishing and running your own affiliate network is not that difficult. The initial setup costs will be much less than setting up brick and mortar business. And after enough affiliates join your network, you will have profitable business with an established brand name.

Cheers and good luck!

Most nutra is very iffy
You are selling magic potions.
The are some exceptions (I suppose :eek: )

Produce a few products and find a network to work as your agent?

your post summarized for important points by AI
[> The project is quiet ambitious with over 50 products etc. however, due to lack of resources we are unable to carry on with the plan and we have to postpone it. For this reason we are considering pushing some offers in affiliate networks. This business model requires way less resources .
We have large production capacity and the necessary resources to get started with with this model.
Also, our products are actually quality products that consumers would enjoy
We want to join many affiliate networks We are fine with it, they have to pay affiliates on time ]>

start with 2 or 3 exact products
develop landing pages
check out the network for;
stability, financial strength and reputation
--do due diligence
--you are extending credit to them​

Hi,

I am an affiliate. My suggestion is to build and run your own affiliate network if you have over 50 products. This way you can impose your own marketing rules, you will have healthy profit margin and can offer higher commissions to your affiliates. Also you would not need to worry about prepayment, brand names etc.

Establishing and running your own affiliate network is not that difficult. The initial setup costs will be much less than setting up brick and mortar business. And after enough affiliates join your network, you will have profitable business with an established brand name.

Cheers and good luck!
Do you know how hard it is to get affiliates interested in a network that has no history? Especially nowadays when there are already so many.

Do you know how hard it is to get affiliates interested in a network that has no history? Especially nowadays when there are already so many.
You still would need a real e-commerce website --please not WordPress and woocommerce with an affiliate plugin LMAO --you will not attract experienced affiliates that way. That sort of setup does not track deeplinks, nor further browsing and tries to use cookies.

You are not trying to run an affiliate program. Especially with any high volume. These WordPress affiliate program plugins are a bad joke from what I have seen.

I absolutely agree. That's why we don't find wordpress made websites when promoting offers from Clickdealer, SmartADV and so on.

Those plugin are blatant deficient for a serious project. WP is great for blogging but isn't a wise choice the use of a robust content management system for this.

MI
Back